• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

WTF? Torrent not d/l...

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
Right, so I go off to have dinner, come back and bang. NOTHING. Not a single seeder, not even one measly leecher AND 0B/s, thats like, the speed of nothing!!! i've tried starting and stopping it several times.

What the hell is going on?

Works fine here... Just restart your client or pc...

Buba

Done both... Still aint working...

EDIT: BitTorrent is saying Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (60, 'Operation timed out')>

Weird. It was fine for me (seeding now). Have you tried deleting the torrent and downloading a fresh copy of it (i.e. get the torrent off m'nova again)?

Just did that, tis not working... I'll try d/l BitTorrent again completely, see if that makes any difference.

Edit: Nope, still nothing... I've checked everything else I can think of on my comp.... Clearly my net connections still works fine...

and check the properties of the .torrent when its in the client. Does it have the tracker info in it?
Could it be because of DHT? Try another client.

Buba

Yeah, the tracker seems to be down, try a BitComet because it has the DHT that Buba is talking about :)

Yeah, you just have to bubble some stuff out, and voil? you are a tech expert... ;-)

Buba

Ah, I am having the same problems now too. I will start googling around about wth "bitcomet" and "dht" might mean :)

I've been waiting for my TG for 12 hrs now...its at 86.6% but it doesnt connect to any peers...I use Bit Torrent because I was happy with it but I'll try that BitComet, hopefully that'll solve the problem :cry:

Edit: OK, it works (it downloads) but it started from 0%...so I have to wait again..

And it seems to be much slower than bittorrent too...
ah well, tomorrow morning a new episode of TG, good way to wake up :)

BitComet is pretty fast...and why did you ahve to start over Volvo? You could've resumed that download...

Cruzz563 said:
BitComet is pretty fast...and why did you ahve to start over Volvo? You could've resumed that download...

I did select there "resume" (insted of "download") but it still started from 0%...anyway, in 1 hour it'll be done. :)

Average download speed: 12 kB/sec :?

I've uploaded more than downloaded... (I have no problem with sharing but my traffic limit of 10 gig/month is coming closer)

Right, well, BitComet only works on PC, I have a Mac...

Thought I'd give Azureus a shot and it's working fine...

I don't understand computer talk, were you saying that the server or something along those lines for BitTorrent was down??

Thanks for the help too, everyone.

CyberMonkey said:

I've uploaded more than downloaded... (I have no problem with sharing but my traffic limit of 10 gig/month is coming closer)

I dont know how it's for others but in my case, I leave the max upload at 12 kbps --> this way (for my DSL connection) I get the fastest download speeds (usually at 70-100 kbps. Right now I have 30 kbps because there arent many seeders). I do think there's a balance between up and download speeds (for me, uploading at 80% of my speed kills my d/l speed so...I guess it takes time untill you find that balance).

Volvo_S70 said:
CyberMonkey said:

I dont know how it's for others but in my case, I leave the max upload at 12 kbps --> this way (for my DSL connection) I get the fastest download speeds (usually at 70-100 kbps. Right now I have 30 kbps because there arent many seeders). I do think there's a balance between up and download speeds (for me, uploading at 80% of my speed kills my d/l speed so...I guess it takes time untill you find that balance).

Well, my upload should be enough for 18-20 kB/sec. I hoped that setting the upload higher than for example 12 kb/Sec, would give you some advantage and "higher ranking" which would result in average higher download speeds. This doesn't seem to be the fact, though :)

edit: it's improving now, 30 kb/sec

^^ I guess it does... A bit...

And the thing about setting your upload limit too high killing your download:
When you upload at your limit the "okeydokey, I got that last bit" messages don't come through and there fore the programme wants to transmit the same part of the file again. This slows your download... Unless you use a Traffic shaping DSL driver... (google or wiki that one if you are interested...)

Buba

Well, i've fiddled around with the upload limit, used to have it high, but lowered it a bit and now ive got a ~150kb/s download... excellent.