Wyclef Jean runs for President of Haiti, Criticized for his Car collection

Hibbleton

Car(s)
2000 Mazda Hand-me-down
Wyclef Jean wants to run for President of one of the poorest countries in the world. Actor Sean Penn (I think that's his name) is criticizing Wyclef for his foundation that allegedly spent money inappropriately but mostly for his outlandish car collection.

Look at what this dude has:

wyclef.jpg

wyclef-jean-pagani-zonda.jpeg

1251024077_BakuNights.Net_3061.jpg

wyclef-jean-and-1957-cadillac-eldorado-gallery.jpg

1251024248_BakuNights.Net_3059.jpg

Singer WYCLEF JEAN has revealed his secret indulgence, he owns a collection of 37 rare cars.

The former FUGEE's Miami, Florida garage boasts an impressive collection, including an Italian PAGANI ZONDA sports car, a bright pink 1957 CADILLAC ELDORADO, a MCLAREN F1, FERRARI 360 SPIDER F1 and a HUMVEE - all customised to his exact specifications.

Jean says, "Some people collect PICASSOs, I collect cars. For me, the craftsmanship that goes into building vehicles like these is amazing. I love the artistry of it."

Wyclef's HUMMER H2 includes a fish tank, which he fills with sharks on special occasions.
- From Contactmusic.com

Wyclef-Jean-hold-haiti-flag-psd6367.png

I guess being a president means you can't have a supercar with an engine bay lined with gold. What is this world coming to?

Vote for Wyclef ! A fellow Petrol-head ! :banana:

It'd beat California Arnold but I have strong doubts that it will benefit Haiti.

Something similar happened a few years ago when a footballer bought a Ferrari and the media went NUTS about how expensive it was, and that amount of money could be used to help poor people etc...
I guess the guy has NO olbigation to help the poor, afteral it's his money but the really annoying thing is that the guy already gave A LOT to poor children with soccer schools and such.

and i think it will better to have succesfull "american" artists who is already loaded

than a local politician who will be as corrupt as mugabe...

I think he just wants to wage war on the Dominican Republic so he can loot their money to buy a few Veyrons.

It sort of makes sense... those cars are worth about .04% of Haiti's GDP. A bit in poor taste for the Presidential candidate of one of the poorest countries in the world to have a garage like that, don't you think?

No.
Unless he got his fortune robbing from the people or any other illicit way, he should own whatever the hell he wants!

I don't think he would be any more wealthy than other world leaders...the only difference is that he made his money through hard work and dedication...not exploiting his people....

No.
Unless he got his fortune robbing from the people or any other illicit way, he should own whatever the hell he wants!
Idk, to me its like eating a sirloin steak in front of a bunch of starving people - sure, you worked hard and earned the money used to pay for the steak, but its still in poor taste, no?

I agree with those that say its cool for him to have those cars. He made the money before running for President, and he made the money for those cars legitimately. Its not like he became President of Haiti and bought the cars with tax money. THAT would be shi-tay.
Besides, he shouldn't be required to sell everything he has worked so hard for just to become president.

I would support him in exchange for a ride in the Zonda.

Last edited:
Idk, to me its like eating a sirloin steak in front of a bunch of starving people - sure, you worked hard and earned the money used to pay for the steak, but its still in poor taste, no?

On the flipside, these pics were probably taken before he made his political ambitions public; using your example, he ate his steak before he visited the starving people, and the worst thing he did would be more like just appearing well-fed. Now if he kept buying cars and doing photoshoots with them after his announcement, then yes that would be in poor taste.

No.

Exactly. I can't see the connection between one's personal wealth and the country's financial situation? Just because it is a poor country, the president has to be poor too? Kind of a bad stereotype here...

On the flipside, these pics were probably taken before he made his political ambitions public; using your example, he ate his steak before he visited the starving people, and the worst thing he did would be more like just appearing well-fed. Now if he kept buying cars and doing photoshoots with them after his announcement, then yes that would be in poor taste.

Exactly. He didn't embezzle money or any of that typical politicrap. The media is just looking for a way to tarnish his image and make him look like a wastrel. I don't know the man's policies, education or anything like that, but with a car collection like that, I'd vote for him, too.