X-Files - Mulder and Scully are back for real

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|03 Volvo XC70
After a mediocre movie, the X-Files return on Sunday as a six-episode mini series. I can't wait. Gillian Anderson is hot as ever, Ducovny is back to looking like he never got a blowjob from a nun, all is well.

Last edited:
I'll binge watch some X-Files tonight as well.

Based on a review I read it's a pretty bad show, but I'll be watching it regardless when I'm able to. Hopefully it'll be better with some low expectations.

It looks like that in the trailer too. The trailer has no mistery about it.

Didn't your Daddy ever tell you they are all the same size lying down?

Like any show, I never watched the X-Files until it went't off air. One day while watching television I saw an episode not realizing it was the X-Files. I was incredibly surprised. From my point of view, all the seasons leading up to the 1st film (film is in my top 50 science fiction films) were superb. After the film, with the exception of some episodes, things just got too ludicrous for my taste.

The X-Files is a great franchise that has been hit with a lot of blows. I think what it needs is really good film that is dark with an incredible story. What director? This is the type of film that is perfect for Christopher Nolan.

Then the series needs someone like J.J. Abrams to reignite the series. X-Files fans are fanatical and with a good film and series, the audience could grow exponentially.

Last edited:
It's the government conspiracy stuff that made the series' name in the 90s and gave it its huge following. That should be its lifeblood today too, and it's the best time for that since the 90s, due to the Edward Snowden shitstorm.

It's not even necessary for it to be about aliens or supersoldiers. XF would be fine with just military conspiracy stuff about Snowden stuff, power grabs (like the FEMA conspiracy of the later seasons) and political stuff.

What I'm afraid of is just more supernatural stuff which was generally speaking the lowest rated, least cerebral part of the show and the part with the least long-standing meaning.

Halfway through the first episode. Based on press reviews I was prepared to be underwhelmed but I need not have worried.

I have goosebumps. :D

Halfway through the first episode. Based on press reviews I was prepared to be underwhelmed but I need not have worried.

I have goosebumps. :D

Defer judgment till episode 2...

Episode 1 gave me hope that it won't be an alien of the week style show anymore. Episode 2 shattered that. Episode 3 was hilarious. Excited about the next one!

I will wait for this to come to netflix, and for The Lone Gunman spinoff continuation.

I've been watching it.... via antenna! What sad days these are.

No really, it's been great and I'm enjoying every episode. I re-watch them the next day on Hulu.

I guess I'm the odd one out and loved the alien themed episodes, then and now.