XBox 2 in game shots

kenezzite

these are amazing.........

gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?siteid=60&sectiontypeid=2&subsectionid=1586&pagetypeid=6&articleid=34906&page=1&imageid=80818&mediamode=free

what you guys think?

I still think PS3 will be better :mrgreen:

Wow, they made it look like the threes consist of plastic. How come that developers don't get rid of the plastic effect ?

Re: XBox 2 in game shots

kenezzite said:
what you guys think?

I think it's brilliant...

Oh, the images? Yes, they look rather good. I'm more keen on the fact that when these things come to sale PS2's price will go down instantly and I can finally get one to play GT4...

-Sam

That is hard to tell.

The new chips aren't specified yet, as far as I know...

But both will be extremly powerful...

Buba

Re: XBox 2 in game shots

Hazardous said:
I'm more keen on the fact that when these things come to sale PS2's price will go down instantly and I can finally get one to play GT4...

-Sam

That's what I was thinking!

And I also think this new Xbox is going to rock as well :mrgreen:

what do you think an Xbox is? It's basically just a PC designed specifically for gaming. The Xbox 2 will probably be the same concept just on a higher level.

a shitty slow computer used to run games that look semi-good only cause it doesn't have an OS tu run at the same time

umm, have you seen the graphics in Rallisport Challenge 2? They're incredible, on the level with a PC. And when you look at it side by side with GT4 the environment looks way better on Rallisport 2. And that's an Xbox 1. Can't wait to see an Xbox 2.

The pics are of SpeedTree running on the Unreal 3.0 engine. You'll probaby be able to download a realtime demo of it before Xbox 2 and PS3 are even out. Their current demos are pretty close to those shots, actually.

jasonchiu said:
so whats stoppinh ppl from sticking 3.4ghz chips in to a ps2?

Because unlike Xbox, PS2 is not based on PC technology. It has been developed specificly for gaming, thus the chips are very different from their PC colleagues. And making a small amount of advanced special chips like them would cost a fortune.

You know what's funny? No matter which console out of all three is better, IBM will win :D , since they will be making the processors for PS3, Xbox 2 (or Xbox 360, whatever the name is going to be), and Nintendo's Revolution...

The Ps3s CELL chip is supposed to kick ass... 8 parallel cores clocked at 4 Ghz... Well, that should be sufficient for a while...

Buba

The only problem is that you have to program specifically for the Cell in order to use the 8 or 9 cores that it has. In other words, games for the PS3 will only be for the PS3 - no other consoles' games will be able to be ported to it without a serious reprogram job that most games companies won't be willing to take on. It's because of this that I'm thinking Sony might have dug it's own grave here :/

IBM's Cell is either going to revolutionize the computer/gaming industry or it's going to be a massive flop...

Overheat said:
The only problem is that you have to program specifically for the Cell in order to use the 8 or 9 cores that it has. In other words, games for the PS3 will only be for the PS3 - no other consoles' games will be able to be ported to it without a serious reprogram job that most games companies won't be willing to take on. It's because of this that I'm thinking Sony might have dug it's own grave here :/

On the other hand, sony have a deal with a lot of game companys already. For instance the GTA games have to be released at least 6 months earlier on sony systems than any others, therefore companys like rockstar will have no choice but to release it on the ps3 or pay sony off. Plus sony will still have games like Gran turismo, as well as a hell of a lot of brand loyalty. Plus some people will see that it is the most powerful and go for it without thinking about issues like this.