Xbox 360 Thread

Yep. Around the whole entire island of Oahu...hundreds of miles of road...with other people...or friends.

My mind just got made up in favour of the 360 and Live.

http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/2822/xboxprofileqf7.png

:whistle:

That is beautiful Viper :-D...

Yeah, I think the physics on the demo for TDU are a little off, but once I got the real game, I either adjusted easily to them, or they are different (not sure which). I just found it easier to play the actual game than play the demo.

That is beautiful Viper :-D...

Yeah, I think the physics on the demo for TDU are a little off, but once I got the real game, I either adjusted easily to them, or they are different (not sure which). I just found it easier to play the actual game than play the demo.

Plus I found it much better once I had the manual to explain what each drivers aid does. It allows you to set them for how you like to drive.

Is it me or are the ones with the childish, stupid, racist and generally annoying gamertags always 14 year old Americans morons.
I mean why would you name yourself "A sloppy tittie" or "SiegHeil"? What's the point?

I tried PGR3 last night for the first time in 3 months or so. Damn, I lost the feeling for that game completely..

Is it me or are the ones with the childish, stupid, racist and generally annoying gamertags always 14 year old Americans morons.
I mean why would you name yourself "A sloppy tittie" or "SiegHeil"? What's the point?

I tried PGR3 last night for the first time in 3 months or so. Damn, I lost the feeling for that game completely..

Actually most of the profane and abusive people I have encountered have been Scottish. I have no idea what they are saying but they seem to use "Fuck" as a comma. There were a couple of the kiddies, but for some reason I always seem to hear Scottish accents. I guess I need to stop playing at 3-4 AM and actually try to sleep.

Wait a second. You can "cruise" in TDU?
1000 miles of beautiful Oahu roads :D

Playing it right now, tuned my F430; can finally break 200mph!

And there is a car pack out? I was driving around last night with some guys that had all the new cars, but they were all generic car bodies, with the wheels of whatever car it was. Besides that it was fun driving/racing, they were pretty chill about me in my slowmobile :D

Last edited:
From Major Nelson:
Test Drive Unlimited: Content and AU

Name: Chevrolet? Corvette? C1 1957
Price: Free
Available in: All Xbox Live regions
Dash Details: Contains free Chevrolet? Corvette? C1 1957 for users to view and race with. In-game currency still required for purchase at respective dealer

Name: Lexus IS 350
Price: Free
Dash Details: Contains free Lexus IS 350 for users to view and race with. In-game currency still required for purchase at respective dealer.

Name: Test Drive Collection - Volume 1
Price: 350 Points
Dash Details: Contains free Corvette C1 1957 Hardtop, 6 other vehicles for 350 points total: RUF RGT, Koenigsegg CCR, Noble M400, Corvette C6 Convertible, Ferrari 250 GTO 1962, and Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition. In-game currency still required for purchase at respective dealer.

DONT PAY....BOYCOT IT.

They give you the game for $39.99... If any game deserved the added income from in-game addons it's that one.

If it were an EA game i'd be with you, but since the game is good and Atari went $20 cheaper than they could have sold the game for, there's no reason to boycott it. If you don't want the content, don't buy it, if you do, go ahead and buy it, it's your choice.

Ugh, I wish this game would come out for PC already...

WoW... just got a Koenigsegg CC8S and tuned it, crazy I tell ya. Went to try a speed challange put up by someone with a $297,000 winnings, and I can't win it! The reference speed is 270mph set by a CCR; I can only get 264 :|. Guess it's time to get that car pack :D

Heh, I guess this thread revived my TD:U liking, got three cars just today.

WoW... just got a Koenigsegg CC8S and tuned it, crazy I tell ya. Went to try a speed challange put up by someone with a $297,000 winnings, and I can't win it! The reference speed is 270mph set by a CCR; I can only get 264 :|. Guess it's time to get that car pack :D

Heh, I guess this thread revived my TD:U liking, got three cars just today.

Yeah, it is hard to win some of the speed test, especially in cars like the CC8S.

Basically find one with no time limit and turn around at the start and find the longest straight you can get for a run up and then blast through the cameras, so you get the maximum score along the way and the highest possible at the end, then keep going from the end and do the same backwards, this way you now get the maximum score for the first couple of cameras that you got slow speeds on before....if that makes any sense.

I have won heaps of the speed challenges by doing this. I usually try to look for the ones in the lower grade cars as they are a bit easier to handle at their top speeds.

The first ever challenge I won was in the CC8S and I spent around 30 minutes driving up and down like I described over and over, getting closer and closer, until I finally beat the guys time by about 0.01 of a second.

Last edited:
On another note, I do love the Box's interface but I already notice the downside to the X-box live. I've had the system less than a week and I'm already tired of hearing foul-mouthed 12 year olds on Test Drive Unlimited and one guy sent me an nasty-gram in my voice mail for refusing to race him (because my Audi TT was a great match to his McLaren F1).

When you're cruising, press start -> options -> online then deselect instant challenges. Now you should be able to cruise without people challenging you.

Basically find one with no time limit and turn around at the start and find the longest straight you can get for a run up and then blast through the cameras, so you get the maximum score along the way and the highest possible at the end, then keep going from the end and do the same backwards, this way you now get the maximum score for the first couple of cameras that you got slow speeds on before....if that makes any sense.
Yeah, I had started that tactic on one of the races, went about 2 miles back to get a run off. But the problem was that it was a slight uphill run before a flat straight to the camera, so if you're going too fast, you'll lose it. But I had found one w/ a group of speed traps that I had won, though it was only $40k <_<

I did do a run down the big strip in the city with some other people, caught a draft from a S7 and hit 282mph/453kph, then hit a car and flew into the river :D

Last edited:
What game should i get?

Basically ive got credit at a store for a game and i cant do anything else with it.

Need some ideas from everyone.. because i cant make up my mind and maybe people can shed some light onto which are really good and really bad.

I have gears of war and nba 2k7 on order so no need to mention those.

NFS Carbon?
Rainbow Six : Vegas?
Fear?
Tony Hawk's 8?
Marvel Ultimate Alliance?