Xbox 360 Thread

The one you only get after having completed all the *don't remember which type* missions?

I still play TDU... Bought all the cars I'm interested, also downloaded the new pack, Think its 69 now. Can't seen to find the remaining 1% of street I haven't driven on, though ;-)

I just got a 360 for xmas too. I got Ghost Recon and Gears of War. Can't wait for Forza 2.

I can't get Gears of War in Germany, I'd have to order it from Austria and its expensive

Finally got my hands on my 360 after the many 20 question sessions. Very very impressed with it, Got 4 games with it and my Girlfriend and parents bought me another 3 for Christmas. Havent even opened Splinter Cell yet, been stuck into R6:V and TDU, and PGR3 is great craic on multiplayer !

Bring on Forza & CMR Dirt :D:D:D

Does anybody know if I can connect the Wireless controller to the pc? Which kinda cable do I need for it?

I guess, they won't sell the adapter alone...

Yeah, thanks for that. Been to the shop today and bought the whole thing, I wanted an extra wireless controller anyway... And it only cost 7 euros more than without the receiver for the pc...

Funny, the price wasn't even on it yet, they must have sold it today for the first time. At least in Germany;-)

we still can't get that for 45 days. looks pretty good tho, would like to have one for LFS. i love my new 360, and i've just got the MS wireless network adaptor. it was a bit expensive at ?55, but it is fully compatible and i don't want a huge cable going from my room to my router downstairs. i'm loving Gears Of War too, kicks ass bigtime. and 210Gs in 8 days ain't bad IMO :D now i'm waiting for my charge cradle and media remote to arrive.

just a quick question. has anyone tried to install the XP SP2 software on their PC for media sharing. i went onto the website and downloaded it, but the install app won't run at all. i watched where the files were being extracted to and looked there, and there is nothing?! WTF?

matt

Yeah, thanks for that. Been to the shop today and bought the whole thing, I wanted an extra wireless controller anyway... And it only cost 7 euros more than without the receiver for the pc...

Funny, the price wasn't even on it yet, they must have sold it today for the first time. At least in Germany;-)

Wait you got the wireless adaptor? DAmmit my eb doesn't even know it exists.

just a quick question. has anyone tried to install the XP SP2 software on their PC for media sharing. i went onto the website and downloaded it, but the install app won't run at all. i watched where the files were being extracted to and looked there, and there is nothing?! WTF?

matt

Yes, I've used it and it works quite well for me. I'm not sure what to tell you though as I downloaded it as a windows update, not as a separate download. The windows update one is hidden under the "other options" tag or something like that.

i think it might just be down to my POS computer. new motherboard due 8th.

I just got Rainbow Six: Vegas and it's the best F.P.S shooters ever made. I really enjoy Co-Op online. Terrorist Hunt is really fun. A+ for this game. I also have TDU. Currently, I have a Saleen S7, Nismo 350Z, Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 and many more. The drift is hard but fun. I like the secret track at the airport, it's fun.

I'll get Project Gotham Racing 3 soon.

its not really a secret lol, you can see it on the map, you just have to look. need to be at champion level to remove the crash barriers blocking the entrance though

even the island off top right of the island isnt a secret. you just drive up the side of the hill and drive 20mph through the glowing Eden logo and you get transported to the island.

the real secret really is making cars go 768mph.

last night i was about to try a speed challenge until i noticed the leading score was 571mph in a saturn sky :|

i have found what i am good at though. time trials, specifically time trials that limit you to group B or lower cars and i have particular success in group D trials with my RUF RGT and Maserati Gran sport.

Never actually noticed the island. Gonna check it out later.
The Maserati is really some car. There was one D class challange I couldn't complete because of half a sec in various cars. Tried it with DB9 AMV8, RS4 and others, then with the Maserati Spider and I did it with 15 secs to spare...

It was actually the only race I had difficulties with. TDU wasn't a hard game, IMO. All the reviews said it was. And getting money is terribly easy with the 70000$ race "180 mph in dense traffic" (dunno the exact name, play it in german)...

You should have quoted me, I reckon, and yeah it works brilliant. No lags and nothing. You just activate it with the live button, but you can't turn it off, you have to wait the 10 mins until it gets switched off.

Every button works, but the live button only shows the controller stats when in windows. Stats may actually be overexagerated, it just tells you the battery status.

If you wanna use it for the Xbox, you have to reconnect it to it and you have to reconnect it again for the pc...

Site offers peek at Xbox 360 dashboard themes
DashboardThemes.com lets Xbox 360 owners preview themes before buying them from Xbox Live Marketplace.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Jan 3, 2007 4:27 pm PT

While Xbox Live Marketplace has garnered generally positive reviews, there are a few things about the online store that don't exactly mesh with gamers. One such thing is the inability to see what several gamerpics or dashboard themes look like before buying. For several items, gamers will plunk down Marketplace points to customize their Xbox 360s with little to go on other than a brief description of the item. DashboardThemes.com, a fan site not affiliated with Microsoft, is changing all that, with pictures and info on all dashboard themes currently on XBL. Visitors to the site can check out what the theme looks like on all the dashboards "blades" as well as vote on which ones they do and don't like. Currently, the highest rated theme is based on the recent Halo 3 TV ad, followed by themes based on Viva Pi?ata and Call of Duty 3

Source