XBOX Fanboys: Convince me

I also got a black controller. I love the box it comes in too. That faceplate is pretty nice too.

I got mine today too. Each Best Buy seemed to get about 20 or so. I was #8. :)

i forgot this came out yesterday. explains the lime outside our local Blockbuster :)

I got mine today too. Each Best Buy seemed to get about 20 or so. I was #8. :)

Only 2 left when I got there :rolleyes:

When I play it using the HDMI the colors look washed out, I'm sticking with composite for now.

Last edited:
Make sure your console settings are correct. The Elite out of the box was set for 1080i - after I changed it to 1080p it looked much better. (Provided your set supports 1080p.) Otherwise, I would downselect to 720p.

my tv is only 1080i, and 720 doesnt look that nice.. 1080 ftw 8)

i'm using 1080i on my TV through component. mines a normal 360 though as you know. colours look great. but as my TV scales it to it's 1440xsomething resolution, sometimes things can be pixelated :(

You guys should try going to the VGA cable. All the sites are saying it is almost on par with the HDMI for picture quality.

I just realized I was saying "composite" cables, I'm using component not composite :lol:

I am completely happy with the component quality so I'm not worried, although the edges are cut off on my TV :mad:

I've been using vga cables the whole time... just on a 19" normal lcd monitor. 1280*1024 ftw

^same here! and the recent dash update did wonders for the washed out colors!

Im sooooo jealous of the new elite... :( i wanted my box in black.....

For those like me that were convinced it was the 360 cutting off the edges of the screen and not your tv, well, its your tv.

I went into the service menus (gasp!) on mine and fixed it, better than new. 8)

Me tooooo!:(... I've noticed that a bunch of new electronics have special editions that they bring out and they are always black.:blink:

I might just take my 360 out back spray paint it black...:D

i found a tutorial to spray the controllers in black. might work for the console too :D

link link link!!!!!!