XenForo beta feedback

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
5,301
Location
Hamburg, Autobahnland
Car(s)
None anymore...
Yes please, 1200px is way too narrow, as in Nabster's screenshot shown. It has to be at least double that.
 

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
4,442
Location
DFW
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT
I sort of feel like defining the max width in terms of a set pixel dimension may be the wrong way to go about it. Is it possible to simply define it as a percentage of the window width instead? To throw out a completely not thought through or researched number, say max width 90% which would allow an even but not too large of a gap for framing regardless of width. Maybe this is too future thinking, but who's to say what resolution becomes common and accepted? I still occasionally come across those older websites with the "Best viewed in Internet Explorer at 800x600 resolution" line in the footer and chuckle every time.
 

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
17,936
Location
Seattle
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
I'd say using percent is the way to go. If the CSS is janky and breaks when using a percentage I can give it a look.
 

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
31,051
Location
Portland, Oregon
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I just set it to 100%. You can resize your browser if you want it narrower.
 

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
16,560
Location
Motor City, Michigan
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Viper007Bond;n3549996 said:
For those complaining about the mobile theme, like most modern websites, there is no such thing. Instead the site is responsive so that it works on any screen size. Resize your desktop browser to see for yourself.
I understand that, but is there a way to get it to not do that? I don't want it to resize becuase I have a small screen..... if I wanted that, I'd use tapatalk. I don't like dumbed down websites since many of the options I use are removed.
 

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
DONOR
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
5,844
Location
near Stuttgart, or Texas when possible
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
CrzRsn;n3550087 said:
I understand that, but is there a way to get it to not do that? I don't want it to resize becuase I have a small screen..... if I wanted that, I'd use tapatalk. I don't like dumbed down websites since many of the options I use are removed.
I have a tab open for this forum on my chrome for android, and "request desktop site" is constantly on and working without ever having to tell it again. Works the same for me on the XF beta site. But I even prefer the mobile view there since it removes the silly boxes on the site. It's just lacking the subforums links, which I hope is merely a click to turn on. Other than that, the mobile website behaves for me just like the desktop version and stretches full width, just moves said boxes to the bottom.
 

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
16,560
Location
Motor City, Michigan
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
thomas;n3550088 said:
I have a tab open for this forum on my chrome for android, and "request desktop site" is constantly on and working without ever having to tell it again. Works the same for me on the XF beta site. But I even prefer the mobile view there since it removes the silly boxes on the site. It's just lacking the subforums links, which I hope is merely a click to turn on. Other than that, the mobile website behaves for me just like the desktop version and stretches full width, just moves said boxes to the bottom.
Request desktop site on my iPhone just redirects back to the mobile sized version.
 

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
17,936
Location
Seattle
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Much better! Any chance we can get the old red and grey colors and gear icon set of the old site?
 
Last edited:

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
31,051
Location
Portland, Oregon
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
argatoga;n3550324 said:
Much better! Any chance we can get the old red and grey colors and gear icon set of the old site?
We can worry about cosmetic stuff when we do the real migration. We'll be moving hosting at the same time to slim down on costs.
 

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
31,051
Location
Portland, Oregon
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Attachments are supposed to be disabled but I did it the wrong way. I don't want to deal with the space usage.
 
Top