Xmas presents ... what should I get for my dad?

homer-jay_simpson

Car(s)
Peugeot 508 SW
Yeah right ... I could have asked on Yahoo ... or maybe 4chan ... but I ask you :blink:

Any ideas what to get for my dad? He has no special interests, he doesn't read, no sports ... last year I gave him an upgrade for his computer (faster CPU, RAM, new mainboard etc.), the year before it was a gift card for an online ticket shop which he still hasn't used ... somewhere between 50 and 100 EUR ...

I guess I'm not the only one with that sort of problem this time of the year ... Help?

Greetings Michael

Does he drink alcohol or smoke tobacco?

What is his taste in clothes?

He enjoys a beer as much as everyone, but he doesn't drink wine or booze ... non smoker since 30 years ... clothes hmm that's an idea ... I've done that before and he liked my choice ... thx so far!

Greetings Michael

DVDs with some history documentaries is what I got last year. This x-mas I'm getting him dvds with exotic adventure travels.

new desk chair? Car detailing service? Tomtom if he doesn't have Satnav?

A stripper?

A pie, next question.

Clothes. If I was your dad - though I am not - I'd love someone else buying me clothes because I hate buying them for myself.

I'm in the same boat. No interests, really, doesn't drink or smoke, and he doesn't like getting clothes as gifts. He just lets my mom buy him clothes. They don't really go out to eat much, he works a ton, and doesn't watch many movies.

Last edited:
^what about an audiobook that he can listen in a car/office?

He works in a factory as a welder, and drives in silence. :p

A dinner for him and your mum?

whoops, sorry - more directed at NecroJoe

Yeah right ... I could have asked on Yahoo ... or maybe 4chan ... but I ask you :blink:

Any ideas what to get for my dad? He has no special interests, he doesn't read, no sports ... last year I gave him an upgrade for his computer (faster CPU, RAM, new mainboard etc.), the year before it was a gift card for an online ticket shop which he still hasn't used ... somewhere between 50 and 100 EUR ...

I guess I'm not the only one with that sort of problem this time of the year ... Help?

Greetings Michael

Honestly this is the first thing that came to mind:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/12/03/2480151432_119cf016ee.jpg