• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Yahoo! not opening.

Raheel

Photoshop Mod
Car(s)
BMW E46 318 CI
Hi I got this new server through optical fibre...

All the sites are opening except for Yahoo! and google.com... and all the search engines don't work....

this is the screen i see.

swek said:
Welcome to the Internet, a place you shouldn't browse with the Internet Explorer :firefox:
My thoughts exactly after looking over the screenshot. :lol:

Swek is better than me at this and provided detailed instructions and I think he is right, looks like infection to me too.

:firefox: <- sound advice. ;)

Maxthon Internet Browser software...is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine :yucky:

Now how does this help him with malware problems ?

dude i can't understand these instrustions on mcafee. can u pl give me more details.

I'm considering going back to IE... Firefox is giving me headaches :? It's so slow and nasty, and I was able to avoid trojans with IE anyway (I guess you just have to be a bit careful about which sites and emails you open)

Of all the other 'alternative' browsers, none have really been that useful to me either... so many sites use code that only IE can read properly I guess (most 'alts' are very strict on the 'rules' of html code, but IE seems to be a bit more understanding :p)

BTW, I still get spyware and popups when using FF. In fact, I got less popups when I used IE with google bar. Never had trojans so I can't really compare there, but since there has been like 4 'critical' security updates to FF in the past weeks, I'm starting to doubt it's any better than IE really.

fareway said:
Don't use firefox, worst thing mankind ever came up with :thumbsdown:

I can think of a bunch of things that are much worse.

I like firefox, but it has it's limitations at this point in time. Like it can't display transparent flash properly and no customized scrollbars in css style settings, certain javascripts aren't supported, etc.... Just a few things that bother me as a web designer, but I'll take it over IE any day ;)

There may be critical updates, but at least the FF developement team is updating them in the next release, due out soon.

How long does it M$ to update critical holes in IE? I can't remember... :p

ske said:
I'm considering going back to IE... Firefox is giving me headaches :? It's so slow and nasty, and I was able to avoid trojans with IE anyway (I guess you just have to be a bit careful about which sites and emails you open)

Of all the other 'alternative' browsers, none have really been that useful to me either... so many sites use code that only IE can read properly I guess (most 'alts' are very strict on the 'rules' of html code, but IE seems to be a bit more understanding :p)

BTW, I still get spyware and popups when using FF. In fact, I got less popups when I used IE with google bar. Never had trojans so I can't really compare there, but since there has been like 4 'critical' security updates to FF in the past weeks, I'm starting to doubt it's any better than IE really.

If you do get back to IE, try Netcaptor.
It also has a popup captor and you can add the google bar. Not needed, though, as you can google like this "g something" ;)

swek said:
Maxthon Internet Browser software...is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine :yucky:

Now how does this help him with malware problems ?

Based on does not mean the same as

Maxthon = best, just accept it, you know you want to :happy:

Don't mean to wake a dead thread but I am kind of being left out now. I can not go to google.com, gmail,yahoo etc..

I went to the site suggested above for the removal of the virus but could not find an appropriate program which would run on my system. pl help.

bad news. I ran the removal tool and it did not find any trojan or virus. I guess I better contact the the Internet server.

I have finally succeeded after 5 months of suffering. I can now visit google, gmail, yahoo etc.

The problem was due to the fact that although the QHosts Trojan had been removed by my Antivirus, some registry values were left behind which I had to delete manually. And now all is well.

I am the troubleshooting King :woot:

^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

middel name maybe....