Yawn: My 1999 Honda Accord

mitchell.scott

Car(s)
2017 VW GLI
Since I've been a bit more active here lately, I've decided to post my car. It's a 1999 Honda Accord EX-V6 coupe. Pretty straightforward of a car, and a bit of a bore to drive. 3.0L V6 that made 200 hp when it was new, 4 speed automatic (weakest part of the whole car obviously), leather interior, and about 118k miles. It only had 60k when I got it three years ago. Pics:

5300637803_1feb147ff4_b.jpg

5300636963_9752e27e98_b.jpg

5300638513_5c82603d17_b.jpg

5301233632_c2c97e906c_b.jpg

Actually it's not awful if you have the proper rubber on it. I have pretty soft tires though to aid with the snow. The gearbox is the main letdown, it's a shame this generation of Accord wasn't offered with a manual in the V6. And it is a pretty quick car even so.

Last edited:
FUCK YEAH CG5!

...it's a shame this generation of Accord wasn't offered with a manual in the V6.
The sedan was but they are pretty hard to find. Good luck with your tranny though, they don't last, especially with the V6.

mitchell - you got a minter there - :lol:

OK explain the GB sticker then - are you Ukanian originally?

Last edited:
It's a Great Britain sticker, there since I got it and I haven't bothered taking it off. People always ask me if I go to Britain a lot, and I've never been :p

You should come over if you can, maybe get a ticket for the show or TG live, may be try to get to Nurburgring for an FG meet before you get too old and filled with responsibilities.

I'd love to come over; I'm actually looking at doing a study abroad in Istanbul for a year, so I'd love to take some sort of road trip from Istanbul all the way to Britain.

200 hp is more than I've ever had to play with--surely it can't be too boring. :D And it's a pretty color!

I like CraigB's plan. Hooning cars that aren't really meant to be hooned is a blast.

Last edited:
200 hp is more than I've ever had to play with--surely it can't be too boring. :D And it's a pretty color!

I like CraigB's plan. Hooning cars that aren't really meant to be hooned is a blast.

I do hoon it quite a bit in the winter. It's actually really impressive in snow, the rear end is so light it's easy to swing out.

A little update. She's now at 125k miles. Poor girl has been off road quite a bit over the last couple of months, my girlfriend and I have so many hikes that we want to do, but aren't very well accessible. Can't believe I haven't cut a tire or anything yet. Also, my girlfriend takes a lot of pictures of my car, even though she hates coupes and hates red cars. :p

6091125245_bf274fcec3_b.jpg

6091668340_01cb0803b1_b.jpg

You randomly see that gen Accord Coupes in Finland brought to here by people moving back from the US, it was never sold here officially. I must say I really like it as a elegant and quiet coupe with a hint of the NSX at the tail lights.

Yes, the rear end is my favorite part. I think it has a really nice stance. In my opinion, it's one of the best styled Hondas.

How's the transmission holding up? The one in my '02 sedan is starting to show heavy signs of failing at 135k miles. On cold mornings it'll slip badly into 2nd from 1st unless you are very light on the throttle.

Mine is doing pretty good. It occasionally has a hard shift when it's cold, but it's generally smooth. My aunt, who works for Honda, told me that in 2000-2002, Honda went with a cheaper grade of aluminum alloy used in the transmissions and that those transmissions don't last nearly as long. That said, it's still the weakest part of the car, IMO. If anything decides to massively fail on this car, I have the feeling that it'll be the tranny.

Edit: I'm right at 130k miles ATM.

I had a Ukanian version of a 1999 Honda Accord saloon (Sedan), it was even an auto (Rare here) - I sold it to a friend, she still has it and it is still going!