Yellow 1999 VW Lupo 1.0

Fiete

Car(s)
VW Lupo 1.0, Mitsubishi Evo VII 2.5cc ;-)
Let me introduce you to my 1999er VW Lupo 1.0:

I was looking for a car with a good power to weight ratio, a fuel saving engine with a huge amount of torque and powwerrrr, and of course lots of space. The result is this cute little thing:

lupo4.jpg

The "eyelids" give it some "I've-just-smoked-some-weed-look", but also personality. :rolleyes:

Here are some more pics:

lupo1.jpg

lupo2.jpg

lupo3.jpg

The engine is a four cylinder 1.0 L with a colossal 50 BHP and unbelievable 86 NM@3000 RPM torque! So when I'm reving at about 3000 RPM and dumping the clutch in first gear, the wheels will actually spin... a little... in the wet... *cough*

And it goes like hell on the autobahn with a topspeed of 160! I wish MPH... :(

But it's a low-cost car, cheap insurance, tax and fuel consumption. Uncommon color, "huge" 14 inch cup design alloy rims, electric starter, cigarette lighter, fuel gauge, this car has got everything you need! :D

And believe me, it's got more space than you might expect!

Cool! I like small cars, probably because I can't get one over here. Now all you need is some Lupo GTI bits - like that sweet front bumper. Mmm. :) Just please, no loud arse stereo. ;)

I love those cars because even if it isn't any good, when you sell it you always have a story to tell. Other people talk about how they had Golfs, Astras, Calibras and whatnots, and you can always top them by casually saying "I used to have a screaming yellow VW Lupo junkie with HUGE rims.". :lol:

i realy hope you are a girl

I'm not a girl, but my wife is. :) And she is in love with the car.

By the way, here are some acceleration take outs:

http://scifi.pages.at/frach/rsh/High-rev.3gp

http://scifi.pages.at/frach/rsh/Revlight.3gp

Maybe the clips aren't really worth watching it, because they are a bit boring and the quality is crap, but it's all about the noise it makes. Good that you cannot see the speedo, sounds faster than it actually is. In fact you are already in third and the scenery is still not moving at all. Short gear ratio. But thats the fun you have: you have to shift reeeaaaally often.

Which what makes small cars so much fun. I remember hauling my 63 Bug around with its 40hp engine all over town. So much fun. Probably more fun than my Rx-7 in retrospect.

:thumbsup:

"In fact, Hammond had given his 924 sporting credentials it didn't deserve." (James May in Top Gear episode 05.06 aboud Hammonds modification of his Porsche with the leftover of his 1500 Pound)

The same counts for the alloys on your car, and I'm not too sure about those eyelids either.

My sis' car is a 50hp Seat Arosa. It sure is not a fast car, but astonishingly vivid considering its engine size and power. If you're looking for a cute little runabout, the Lupo's one car to go for!

It's a cute car. Not sure about the eyelids though.

"I forgot we were being judged by a Porsche owners' club." :p

My sis' car is a 50hp Seat Arosa. It sure is not a fast car, but astonishingly vivid considering its engine size and power. If you're looking for a cute little runabout, the Lupo's one car to go for!

i also know a GIRL with an arosa
with the 1.0l 3 cyl. that thing got straight exhaust stock, and revs the hell out of the car

that's basically a bike engine in a car :lol:

i love it 8)

The problem is a bike engine is a fast engine only in a bike, not a heavy car. :p

You can call Lupos and Arosas a lot of things, but heavy isn't one of those things :)

Nice car, driven em a few times and really liked them a lot, too bad they're just a few sizes too small for my tastes (and more importantly, needs)

They're heavier than a bike, though.

And it accomodates four people astonishingly well. The only huge disadvantage (and main reason why I'd never buy one as a daily runabout) is the lack of boot space.

I like the front end of the car, especially the headlight lids. It seems to be saying, "Yes, I am pretty content being a Lupo".

lol i was thinking "whoa those eyelids make it look like the car was smoking weed"

then i scrolled down heh

@ Fiete

Why did you buy this car ?, I mean it makes no sense unless you like trees......a lot.