Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
http://jalopnik.com/5555360/yes-cars-are-getting-fatter

500x_seven_generations_e-clas.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
The Accord is another dramatic example of this. It went from 162" long and 2000 lbs to the current NA market car which is 194" long and 3200 lbs for the sedan.

I saw an older Camry on the highway last week, the Yaris right behind it was like a monster jelly bean or something.

My Focus between my boss' Golf Mk.III (same class) and my colleague's 2nd gen A4 Avant (one class up) is also rather large looking.

VW Golf...Mk1, 145 inches long, 1750 lbs
vw-golf-gti-mk1-f3q-76.jpg

Mk6, 165 inches, 2900 lbs
gti1.jpg

How the hell do you get a fwd hatchback to weigh 2900 lbs?:thumbsdown:

:lol: Didn't really need Jalopnik to tell me that. But the pictures are pretty good.

Alternative Headlines:

Yes, Cars Are Getting Safer
Yes, Cars Are Getting Faster
Yes, Cars Are Getting More Comfortable
Yes, Cars Are Getting More Reliable

The S-class is a bad example, seeing as it peaked in the mid-90s and has remained smaller than that since.

Alternative Headlines:

And the exceptions are the ones that should be better, like the Golf GTI with being faster (until recently) and the S-class with reliability (also until recently).

Try the same comparison with an American car :p

It's fun to look at long running lines from GM. They start out looking all pretty and cool - because Bill Mitchell was one bad mother...*Shut your mouth*, but I'm just talking about Bill Mitchell *And we can dig it* - and then you hit the 70s and they just get smaller and ghastly.

Here's a prime example:

1967:
1967-lotus-7.jpg

2008:
caterham-superlight-r500.jpg

Oh fuck...

Alternative Headlines:

QFT

Alternative Headlines:

I swear I read the title as "Yes, Cars Are Getting Faster" the first time. :lol:

Cool to see those photos, now someone do this with the Nissan Maxima. :D

Alternative Headlines:

:nod:

Yes, Cars Are Getting More Toys AC, electric everything, a million speakers, ...
Yes, Cars Are Getting Quieter sound deadening ftw, the combustion itself still is loud
Yes, Cars Are Getting Less Polluting catalytic converters weigh quite a bit
Yes, Cars Are Getting More Aerodynamic take the same interior size, round off the edges - bound to grow

Last edited:
I saw an older Camry on the highway last week, the Yaris right behind it was like a monster jelly bean or something.
My car was once Toyota's "fullsize" car...its width is the same as a Yaris. The current Camry dwarfs my car...except on length.