Yet another 'what SLR should I get?'

No, that's the Sigma 10-20mm, it's a rectilinear ultrawide, not a fisheye.

The Sigma 10mm fisheye is quite a new lens and isn't widely available that I know of.

^ Okay, I thought it looked different :p then it's prolly not available here yet.

Just ordered the fishy :D should be here friday if I'm lucky.

Just me again :blush:

I've been boing a bit of thinking about what I want next for my camera and every time I get to the conclusion that either way I would need a bigger bag... atm I can still fit everything in my little crumpler, but I wouldn't get even another filter in there, it's so packed.

So I've been looking at some other crumpler bags, mainly the 'royal court' (half photo+laptop) and 'match maker' (photo+laptop) and I've looked at reviews in some photo mags and on the intrawebz. What I've gathered from that is that the 'royal court' is smaller than it seems (bad) and that I'd struggle to put a zoom lens in it (more bad, as that's one of the things I think of buying). The 'match maker' obviously has more space, but one review of the bigger model noted that if it wasn't full the stuff in it moved around (hmmm) and you have to take it completely of the open it, the zipper is between the straps and your back, that's both good and bad, as your stuff doesn't get stolen as easily but you can't get someone to grab a lens in a hurry.

So any suggestions? I want a backpack because as the stuff gets heavier the over-the-shoulder bags gives a wierd pull in my back if I use it for a longer period and it does some funny things to some girls.

Next thing :p
I still want the 70-300 VR lens I mentioned 11 posts up, but I also think I should get a flash and I don't really know anything about those. I've looked and I can get the SB400, 600 and 800 here, the 400 looks really odd though, but I can't really see what makes the 800 almost twice as expensive as the 600, and is it something I would ever need?

Tanks again :)

As far as bags go, the Crumpler Customary Barge is an awesome bag and great for hiking and whatnot. Hold lots of gear, fluids and your lunch, so it'll take pretty much anything you want to throw in it. I think it also holds a laptop, could be wrong about that. A good friend of mine swears by it for her nature and travel shooting. If you need fast access to gear, stick with a shoulder bag.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Kata backpack series, I'm leaning towards the R-103 for this coming summer's photo expeditions. It's well-padded, has good access, and is built like a tank.

On to flashes! The SB-400 is a waste, don't bother. If it can't swivel, it's not worth having on-camera. The biggest difference between the 800 and 600 is power and features - the 800 mas a higher maximum light output than the 600. It also has modes like RPT that has the 800 act as a triggered, timed strobe of various frequencies. The 800 also has the big advantage of being able to control other 800's and 600's in the wireless CLS system. Your D80 has the built-in ability to control off-camera CLS flashes, so the SB-800's feature may be a bit redundant for you. (caveat: IIRC, the D80 can only control one group of flashes, while the SB-800 can control 3.) The 600 also doesn't have an external PC jack for connecting to studio strobes.

So, really, it's up to you whether you think you need the 800. Most people don't need the features it offers. Me, I bought the 800 and I love it. It's powerful, flexible, and has all the features I need for what I do. For 90% of people, the 800 is overkill and not worth the extra $, as the 600 is a perfectly capable flash.

^ Thanks for your always helpfull answers :) I would +rep you but I have to spread some around.

I'm a little picky when it comes to bags and I would like to look at them irl first, but the availability here is really bad, but I'm going to London at easter so maybe I'll find something there.

By the looks of things I'll get the 600 flash, should do all I need, and maybe a little more :)

Now I just need moneys :D