You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

When someone says "aluminum" you say "What is that?"

At the auto show in Detroit 2 years ago I was showing people in the Corvette area the flimsy rear bumper.

I own a Honda S2000, so I feel extra special and I road test it when I'm driving, especially the 2nd-3rd gear change. "9000 into third, now that's what I call an engine!"

I hit on a Norwegian girl once in an effort to find out how much 5,000 Kronnen (Kroner?) was.

It's bad...

Last edited:
I hit on a Norwegian girl once in an effort to find out how much 5,000 Kronnen was.

It's bad...

Now that is funny.

Yeah, you watch too much Top Gear!

After doing a top gear marathon with my brother I was taking corners pretty aggressively on the drive home. He said "too much top gear for you". :lol:

I also started saying "you philistine" after listening to James May saying it. Oh yeah, started using "rubbish" as well.

I had a dream about TG last night.
I was watching STIG doing the lap. Then JC came in front of me and said:"Mclaren is looking for 2 new drivers. Their boss just had a bet with me said if you could do this lap faster than STIG, they will hire you and STIG as their F1 driver next year."
So I did...STIG and I will drive F1 car next year~~~In my dream...lol

At the auto show in Detroit 2 years ago I was showing people in the Corvette area the flimsy rear bumper.

I did that in Philly 2 years ago too :lol:. The people that were all standing around gawking at the car instantly looked like a bunch of monkeys staring at that giant black slab thing.

I live in a Los Angeles suburb..but go to school in San Diego so i live 5 days out of the week down in SD, then blast back up to Torrance every weekend--which is a 112 miles stint, of which about 107 are on the freeway (motorway).

lately i've taken to "YOU USELESS CAR@!#" as I pass slow vehicles in the fast lane..

or, quite contrary to American Idiomatic usages, "ARE YOU A PENSIONER@#$@#$" as I pass senior citizens,

"USE YOUR HORSEPOWERS YOU PILLOCK!!!" as I pass cars with waaaay more power than what their speed suggest.

etc. etc.

well....
when you buy a PlayStation 3 just to be able to play upcoming Gran Turismo 5, play GT5 just to run on Top Gear test track...

(I think I am going to do that)

I'll be doing that.:rolleyes:

Same here. Already got the PS3 and the G25, just waiting for the 31st March. See. I even remembered the release date. Great birthday present that will be as it comes out 4 days before my birthday. I won't come off it. Ever.

When you respond to a crappy salesperson in a department store by calling them a "Baggy trousered, land burning, work shy pillock." -I've done this one a few times....