You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

stiggie

pop
DONOR
Car(s)
Golf GTI
When you respond to a crappy salesperson in a department store by calling them a "Baggy trousered, land burning, work shy pillock." -I've done this one a few times....

Did they hit you?

They should have. Its people like you that make those of us who work in stores hate the public.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Well, don't suck at your job and maybe we won't take it out on you. It's your own fault, I always wait for the salesperson to make a complete ass of themselves before I get abusive.

stiggie

pop
DONOR
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Some of the best salepeople around get abused for no reason. People just assume they are superior to customer service personnel. It was once said that the true measure of a man is how well he treats the people he doesn't have to treat well.

A lot of the public fail that test.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I'll treat you well if you show competence in what you do. But if i ask you a series of questions and you just recite me the brochure and not even the stuff i asked, then you're getting what's coming to you.

Perihelion

Car(s)
WRX
I'm not suggesting that its right to verbally abuse sales people. I just don't think that bad service should be met with praise. None of MY clients would tolerate incompetence.

Last edited:

narin

Car(s)
'02 Olds Alero, '01 Grand Am, Bus Metro Walk
last night i had a dream that i was james may (guess who's my favorite) and the three of us were on an office building's balcony, about 6 floors up. richard and jeremy wanted to get down to the road. so out of nowhere i fashioned this belt chain by connecteing giant 3ft paper clips and lower richard first then, somehow, jeremy after. i can't remeber what they said but yes...

my username is narin and i watch too much top gear...

EDIT: and someone might be slipping something in my tea

stuvik

Car(s)
'12 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser AWD
...you plan a holiday based on the roads there
...you find yourself in unusual circumstances due to saying "How hard can it be?"
...a packet of chips is now "a high powered snack"
...you search Super Cheap Auto for an LED screen which allows you to send messages to nearby drivers
...when searching for a new lounge, one of the features you look for are electronic adjustment controls

Tim Flat4

Car(s)
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
As I began to slow down on the straight after I finished my first lap around the Nurburgring in my STi I let out a long exhale and said, "brilliant..."

That same day on the drive home I started reviewing my car aloud :lol:

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
You know you watch too much Top Gear when you want to kill anyone who is associated with Snooker.

Kickeroo

Car(s)
2000 VW Beetle GLS 1.8 Turbo/06 Triumph Thruxton
Apologies if I wind up repeating someone elese:

When you wonder what Kristin Scott Thomas qwould think of what you are driving, wearing, cooking, etc.