You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

when you start saying "How hard can it be?" i'm sure others have posted that but I'm posting it because I say it all the time at work now.

I'm afraid I'm guilty of all three of these things:

When, in a tricky situation, you ask yourself: what would Jeremy do? (and then wish you had a hammer with you)

When you consider giving your newborn cousin the middle name "Jeremy James Hamster Top Gear Porsche Aston Martin Morgan"

When you long for an Opel Kadett to be your first car, even though you never even heard of one before the Africa special.

When you go to see the x file movie and you punch a total stranger in the arm and say, "she was asked to be the star in the reasonably priced car on Top Gear but she couldn't do it cause she was pregnant".

And that is the only thing you find interesting in the whole movie.

When you use random bits of trivia from the show as your own. "Belgium has the only fully-lit motorway network in the world! Did you know that?"
Jezza said that, didn't he... and he'd be wrong! This is someone who's never been from Calais/Dunkirk (or anywhere on the French A16) to Bruges in the dark...

... you start looking for Gaffer tape at your local office supply store
...where you're unlikely to find it! DIY stores are your best bet. B&Q never lets me down.

Jezza said that, didn't he... and he'd be wrong! This is someone who's never been from Calais/Dunkirk (or anywhere on the French A16) to Bruges in the dark...

Well actually we do have a fully lit highway. We just realised that electricity costs a lot of money so now we turn the lights off on the least crowded roads

Well actually we do have a fully lit highway. We just realised that electricity costs a lot of money so now we turn the lights off on the least crowded roads
I'm sure I saw Belgian motorways somewhere with no lights at all.

My route was (from just over the border each side): Breda to Dunkirk via:
A16(NL)/A1(B)/E19 - Antwerpen
Ring Antwerpen
A14/E17 - Gent
A10/E40 - Brugge
A18/E40 - French border
A16(F)/E40 - Dunkirk

Next time I'll have a good look in daylight. I've got at least one more trip to Germany still to go this year.

...When you're at your local Audi dealership and you ask to see an estate car, and the salesman gives you a blank look, because you're not living in a country that calls station wagons "estates".

...And you want four donkeys and name them Jeremy, James, Richard, and Stig.

...When you're at your local Audi dealership and you ask to see an estate car, and the salesman gives you a blank look, because you're not living in a country that calls station wagons "estates".

...And you want four donkeys and name them Jeremy, James, Richard, and Stig.

It's weird, because I have to mentally think now "Hold on a sec, you are going to call that 4-door car a saloon to someone who has no idea what you'll be on about. It's a sedan. Sah-dann." The same applies for me and estate cars. Also, asking someone to open the bonnet gets you some stares. Same with the boot.

It feels weird now to pronounce things the way we Mericuhns should.

When you think 6000 for a small car is cheap as and you think "Holy crap, why don't we have that?" and then you realise it's all in Pounds.

I'm sure I saw Belgian motorways somewhere with no lights at all.

My route was (from just over the border each side): Breda to Dunkirk via:
A16(NL)/A1(B)/E19 - Antwerpen
Ring Antwerpen
A14/E17 - Gent
A10/E40 - Brugge
A18/E40 - French border
A16(F)/E40 - Dunkirk

Next time I'll have a good look in daylight. I've got at least one more trip to Germany still to go this year.

you're blind. I know for a fact that the E19, E17 and especially E40 are completely, fully, blindingly lit

...You tell your navigation to "Shut Up!" in very loud, bellowing tones because it's giving you directions that you know are wrong, and then you think, "hm, a clip of Jeremy shouting that as a cell phone ring isn't a half bad idea!"

Last edited:
It's weird, because I have to mentally think now "Hold on a sec, you are going to call that 4-door car a saloon to someone who has no idea what you'll be on about. It's a sedan. Sah-dann." The same applies for me and estate cars. Also, asking someone to open the bonnet gets you some stares. Same with the boot.

It feels weird now to pronounce things the way we Mericuhns should.

I wish I had a camera to capture the look on that sales guy's face when we asked if they had an estate on the lot. :lol: It truly was priceless.

...when we start up Top Gear and our 7-month old gets distracted from feeding and watches that instead.
...and then Jeremy starts speaking and our baby's attention goes right to him and we call him "Uncle Clarkson."
:D

I wish I had a camera to capture the look on that sales guy's face when we asked if they had an estate on the lot. :lol: It truly was priceless.

That WAS hilarious!! I was going to ask if they had the RS6 Estate even..but remembered even the sedan version hasn't come out yet.

(Possibly a repost) ...when you've read every singly post on these 25 pages.

When you use random bits of trivia from the show as your own. "Belgium has the only fully-lit motorway network in the world! Did you know that?"
So, so guilty. Olympic ceremony, Lichtenstein goes by, "Hey! Did you know they're well known for making false teeth? And they're a tax haven, they have more businesses than people!"

I'm afraid I'm guilty of all three of these things:

When, in a tricky situation, you ask yourself: what would Jeremy do? (and then wish you had a hammer with you)

When you consider giving your newborn cousin the middle name "Jeremy James Hamster Top Gear Porsche Aston Martin Morgan"

When you long for an Opel Kadett to be your first car, even though you never even heard of one before the Africa special.
I think you should name it, "Top Gear Kid." :mrgreen:

When you go to see the x file movie and you punch a total stranger in the arm and say, "she was asked to be the star in the reasonably priced car on Top Gear but she couldn't do it cause she was pregnant".

And that is the only thing you find interesting in the whole movie.
:lmao:

Wow, long post.

you're blind. I know for a fact that the E19, E17 and especially E40 are completely, fully, blindingly lit
If I was blind I wouldn't be driving.

I will at least be taking the same route as far as Gent on the next trip, and I know how to rig up a camera in the passenger seat...

When you think 6000 for a small car is cheap as and you think "Holy crap, why don't we have that?" and then you realise it's all in Pounds.
I actually think about that a lot. Like when they say something like 60,000 for a BMW M3 CSL and you think "oh okay, that's cheaper than over here", and then you remember to double it:lol: