You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

^ Oh lordy I hope Andy doesn't use a laugh track.

I've read this several times on here and I'm confused. I have been to the show twice and when I then watched it I could pick out my friend's laugh on the first occasion and the very loud and strange laugh of a guy near us the second time.
So I'm pretty sure there's no laugh track. Perhaps on the messed around ones you get overseas with the rubbish music...

As for me the biggest sign that I watch too much Top Gear is the way I start to grin before a particularly funny line comes on.

When you are excited by the prospect of anything good and describe your feelings by announcing "I'm nursing a semi....."

When you're thinking about Top Gear related baby names. Oliver, James or a middle name for a little girl, May.

I've read this several times on here and I'm confused. I have been to the show twice and when I then watched it I could pick out my friend's laugh on the first occasion and the very loud and strange laugh of a guy near us the second time.
So I'm pretty sure there's no laugh track. Perhaps on the messed around ones you get overseas with the rubbish music...

As for me the biggest sign that I watch too much Top Gear is the way I start to grin before a particularly funny line comes on.

Oh trust me there is a laugh track. I've not got the timecodes to hand at the mo as i'm in California, but i'll find some good examples when I get home:).

Oh trust me there is a laugh track. I've not got the timecodes to hand at the mo as i'm in California, but i'll find some good examples when I get home:).

Way back when we were all going through withdrawal, I documented a load of identical laughs across multiple episodes. See for yourself: http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/the-top-gear-laugh-13952/

EDIT: Oops, looks like the files aren't there anymore, but you get the general idea: we fans, in our infinite boredom between series, have proof, or something similar.

Noooo laugh track, nooooo, can I put this better how about NOOOOOOO.

We had MASH for twenty years without a laugh track - then comedy channel showed it - it sucked because of of the laugh track.

Still if I did not notice then. .....

Is it by any chance a lady laughing? I did actually take down some of the episodes and timecodes, but seeing as I have a plane to catch in a bit I can't post it up just yet.

OK OK you don't have to outgeek each other. I accept that you have dissected it so thoroughly that you can actualy discern each breath taken by the presenters. But I stand by what I said. I know I heard my friend's laugh. Maybe they beef up the odd bit with some recorded laughter - probably on the bits they have to do two or three times because it has all gone wrong

Way back when we were all going through withdrawal, I documented a load of identical laughs across multiple episodes. See for yourself: http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/the-top-gear-laugh-13952/

This I DID NOT KNOW. I am shocked - and don't even think it is necessary. I mean, why? When they do their challenges etc, there is no laugh track there. It's simply not needed. We know they are amusing. We do not need a laugh track telling us this. Sorry for being OT.

When you're thinking about Top Gear related baby names. Oliver, James or a middle name for a little girl, May.
Ye gods. Only the other day I had a toddler swarming round my legs, and the parents shouting "Oliver... OLIVER!" at him. I couldn't help asking them if he'd been named after a 1963 Opel Kadett, even though he clearly predated the episode in question...

Laugh tracks are necessary. If a segment takes more than one take to shoot the audience isn't going to laugh at the jokes as much on the fifth take as they did on the first.

Laugh tracks are necessary. If a segment takes more than one take to shoot the audience isn't going to laugh at the jokes as much on the fifth take as they did on the first.

I never noticed the alleged laugh tracks. I can however vouch for the fact that the audience laughter is rehearsed before they start filming, or at least that happened when we went to a recording. There were only a couple of retakes in that episode as most of it was taken up with the SLR racing the ferry to Oslo, so I'm guessing that at other recordings with more segments and pieces to camera they might have to beef up the occasional titter for retakes.

My other other point is this:

If they have to do that occasionally then Yes, So, And, What????

... when you start altering your life's path so you can move to England, get famous, and then get on Top Gear someday.

... when you start considering ridiculous car purchases when you know you can't afford it.

... when you use the word "only" to describe anything unreasonable in the real world. (It's only 200 thousand pounds... It'll only take 3000 years.....)

... when you can't wait until October :(

You've created a drinking game around the way the trio says "German".

I have a new teacher called Ms. Oliver. Guess what the first thing I thought of was... I haven't actually seen her yet, and I keep expecting her to be dressed in sort of olive green... :lol:

I have a new teacher called Ms. Oliver. Guess what the first thing I thought of was... I haven't actually seen her yet, and I keep expecting her to be dressed in sort of olive green... :lol:
I'm imagining her wearing a t-shirt with "All Adders are Puffs" written on it.

when you shout "power!!!" on your driving test with the instructor there!

You immediately react with "the Dacia Sandero..." when a friend excitedly starts a sentence with "Great news!".