You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

You come home from work and your hubby says "I've got some bad news!" and you immediately think of the Dacia Sandero...

...every time you drive by the Nissan dealership you yell out, "Nice Datsun!"

...every time you drive by the Nissan dealership you yell out, "Nice Datsun!"

Or a guy in a 911 pulls up next to you at the lights so you wind down your window and shout "How's your Beetle?"

Or see below.

...you go to sleep with TG on in the background and end up having dreams filled with crazy races, rolling caravans down hills, dodgy jumpers and an awesome soundtrack.

Or see below.

If you want to prove your masculinity, don't buy a sports car, just get a people carrier and fill it with children. That way when the guy in the Porsche pulls up next to you at the lights you can point in the back and say "Hey, mine works fine!"

You umm.... don't actually do that do you?:blink:

:lol:

Last edited:
You umm.... don't actually do that do you?:blink:

Nah. Well, not since I got the Ibiza. Mrs Hersworksfinetoo drives the Multipla mostly these days.

Years ago I did however used to do finger antlers at anyone I saw in a first-gen Merc A-Class (I assume you remember how one of the first ones given to Scandinavian journalists managed an epic fail of their "Elk Test"?). :mrgreen:

When you live in a km/h country but the top speed of all cars doesn't make sense until you've converted it to mph.

Yes, I actually do that.

I can convert pounds to AUD and mph to kph instantly in my head now.

Pounds comes in handy, cos I like football too, easier to buy merch from the UK.

MPH is completely useless.

When you go and see Hamlet starring David Tennant and Patrick Stewart you are slightly disappointed that they don't list TG in the TV appearance bit in the theatre programme (thought Patrick Stewart does list The Simpsons :))
And in Act One scene One when the Captain (Marcellus?) says Some say... you have a little spluttering fit and think of Stig intros in a Shakespearean style for a couple of minutes.

I should point out that I did watch and enjoy the play too

Or a guy in a 911 pulls up next to you at the lights so you wind down your window and shout "How's your Beetle?"

Or see below.

*snicker*

That sig always makes me giggle. Though I don't think it'd work quite as well for me. LOL!

...you catch a glimpse of the Yahoo News headline "Clarkson's Glossy New Look" and your immediate response is "...the hell?"

(Oh. Kelly Clarkson.)

You finish a letter of complaint to your cell phone carrier with the line, "How hard can it be?"

You refer to everything that's no good as 'Rubbish!'. I actually do this, never did it before I started watching TG, I used to use words like 'crap' or 'stupid' or 'dodgy'. Rubbish now covers all of those.

Another one is actually using the phrase 'killed to death'. The looks I get from perplexed folk is more than a little amusing. Thankfully, said people who get to hear me say things like these already think I'm bonkers, so no harm done there.

First of all, theres no such thing as too much Top Gear. But...
-accidentally using British Slang
-Calling "Gas' petrol (my History teacher loved mocking me for this)
-Hating american cars for no explainable reason
-Thinking that you would make a great addition to the Top Gear Cast (I think everyone thinks this)
-Having an addiction of pulling the handbrake on every turn when it snows. (Its FWD)
-Hating trucks
-Pay an insane amount of money for a magazine, but read (literaly) every page.
All this, and I still dont think I could shift with my left hand.

Last edited:
If you've ever introduced your mom to people by saying...

"Some say she squeezed me out of her vagina, and that if you swear in her house, she'll wash out your mouth with soap... all I know is, she's me mum!"

... you watch too much Top Gear.

If you've ever done this...

Your Friend: "Dude check it out, Lamborghini Gallardo!"

You: "Series 3 Episode 4: The Lamborghini Tribute Show, Rich Hall was Star In A Reasonably Priced Car, they played Shirley Ellis' 1965 hit "Rubber Dolly" when James tried to park the blue LP400S Countach..."

Your Friend: "You're a fuckin' freak dude."

You: *Pointing at cop car* "It's the rozzers."

Your Friend: "Let me out."

*cop pulls in behind you, flashing lights go on*

You: "Oh cock."

...You watch too much Top Gear.

If you've ever done this...

Your Friend: "Dude check it out, Lamborghini Gallardo!"

You: "Series 3 Episode 4: The Lamborghini Tribute Show, Rich Hall was Star In A Reasonably Priced Car, they played Shirley Ellis' 1965 hit "Rubber Dolly" when James tried to park the blue LP400S Countach..."

Your Friend: "You're a fuckin' freak dude."

You: *Pointing at cop car* "It's the rozzers."

Your Friend: "Let me out."

*cop pulls in behind you, flashing lights go on*

You: "Oh cock."

...You watch too much Top Gear.

:lol: at the thought of someone saying "It's the Rozzers" in a Tennessee accent.

:lol: at the thought of someone saying "It's the Rozzers" in a Tennessee accent.

Actually a lot of people have called them the Rossies around here for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why, but I am sure it was not meant to be complementary.

I was surprised to hear James call them Rozzers.

You put your pants in the Microwave and use tampons to clean up Oil leaks form your Old Triumph