You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

At class, a fellow TG-head classmate and I have a competition who can park the neatest with the handbrake on the icy parking lot. 3-2 for me atm. :D

You put your pants in the Microwave and use tampons to clean up Oil leaks form your Old Triumph

And speaking of Triumphs...

You get an email inviting you to a massive Triumph sale and think it might be an ideal opportunity to pick up that old Herald you've been thinking about... and then are terribly disappointed when it turns out they're talking about Triumph lingerie :lol:

when you start looking for the "tested on animals. They didn't fit" :lol: label on every clothes you buy.

and then are terribly disappointed when it turns out they're talking about Triumph lingerie :lol:

Not sure if I would be...

What?

...When you stick pictures of cars to your bedroom wall and then put a chainsaw through it...

Last edited:
when you start making mp3 files of each episode so you can listen to them while driving

Hah! My friends used to look at me funny when I did this with favorite movies. I thought it was just me.

I suspect I would've done it with TG, too, if I still had a car.

I know I've watched wayyy too much Top Gear. For the following reasons:

I use the word "satnav".

My girlfriend drives a Chevrolet Aveo and it reminds me of the Suzuki Liana, so everytime we get in the thing I instantly say out loud, "And now it's time to put a star in our reasonably priced car...", Clarkson style.

I, too, searched longer than I should have for a Peel P50.

I drive a Nissan Skyline here in the US, so whenever I go out I tell people how driving on the right side of the car is actually the right way to go.

I can't walk through a mall without hoping a black C6 Corvette will come pelting by while tailing a fat man in a little green Fiesta.

I saw a woman driving a brand new Renault Clio hatch the other day (We don't have these in the US, so it was a rare sight) and almost made a U-turn to go ask her if I could test drive it.

I've seen someone in a Europe only car in Denver once. They had euro plates, so they were clearly travelling under that tourist law that lets you bring your car in to the US. I've also seen the new(er) Fiesta in my town because someone was up from Mexico.

That Clio didn't have US plates, did it? If so, I'd be shocked. The only way to get one legally is through military service or by working at an embassy in the US for another country.

I live in an area that has 5 military bases in a 20 mile radius, so it's very common to see people from all over the place. Up until 6 months ago we had a British officer living next to us with a brand new RHD BMW 330 he brought with him.

...when you mentally review every single car you get in but with Jeremy saying your thoughts.

this may have been said already but it happens to me quite often.

You creep out your friend who just started watching Top Gear with knowledge. My friend IM'd me a quote and I told him the series number, episode number, the context and what else was in that episode. Oh, and he mentioned a background song and I did the same thing.

When your dream suddenly turns to Richard Hammond and some random Woman having a Canal-boat race challenge in China only for Richard to say "There was nothing to do for 18 hours. There wasnt even a telly."