You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

When you start thinking what would be the best 'send-off' for your car before getting rid of it:
1) a race to a desination in Europe with a couple of friends taking coach/train...
2) fitting a bigger engine to it, taking it grass autotesting and shouting POWERRRRR...
3) fitting a remote control system to it and launching it off the edge of a quarry to see how far it'll go...
4) crashing it into a wall at 30mph to see exactly how dangerous it has been all this time...

;)

(Plans are on track for number 2... :lol: )

When you refer to the Porsche Cayman as the "Porsche Cockster" in front of your friends ... because you forgot it?s actually called Cayman, not Cockster ... (shame on 7x02 !:D)

^:offtopic:I think you need to recheck your "local market" names..

What I mean is, calling the car by the British name rather than the one used in your home market (in my case Aus).

I don't do that. But I do refer to the Barina, Viva, Epica and Captiva as Daewoos.:mad:

Really? I refer to them as rubbish (especially the Barina) :p

When you correct people that its not torque, its torques.

...you create and maintain an entire forum dedicated to the show...

Yes Viper, I'm looking at you... ;)
Though I thank you muchly for it!

When you look at the shirts James and Richard are wearing and think 'nice'
When you are dubbed by a Wispa wrapper, Sir Dave of Top Gear, for watching nothing but Top Gear on Dave

and just on another thing TomCat you're signature
Jeremy Clarkson: "It's my old sparing partner from TopGear, Tiff Needell, and he's wearing an even worse shirt then usual."
Tiff Needell: "Ah, but at least I'm still on TopGear."
Jeremy Clarkson: "Absolutely Tiff, but you're not wearing it, are you."

What is that from and what are they talking about?

Last edited:
What I mean is, calling the car by the British name rather than the one used in your home market (in my case Aus)

I'm an idiot.. Sorry.. :?

Jeremy Clarkson: "It's my old sparing partner from TopGear, Tiff Needell, and he's wearing an even worse shirt then usual."
Tiff Needell: "Ah, but at least I'm still on TopGear."
Jeremy Clarkson: "Absolutely Tiff, but you're not wearing it, are you."

What is that from and what are they talking about?

It's from an old Clarkson DVD! "Head to head" I belive..

Last edited:
When you refer to the Renault Espace as a "plastic van with electric windows" (sort of "too much car years" but whatever)
When you start dreaming on making a Coupe-Cabriolet Espace
When you're phone's ringtone is the TG tune
When you start quoting sentences from random episodes such as "Serious trouble, I can't see a DAMN thing!" (09x03) or "Ambitious but rubbish"

when you have no idea what the real name of the "flappy paddle gearbox" is

:lol: So true... so true... they're called "paddle shifters" in a lot of other places. Not sure if that's the technical term though.

Anyways back on topic:
You start looking at every car that passes by you as you're walking or driving along and start recollecting past reviews of those cars from TG in the same time that the enzo can shift gears, and prep yourself to either give the driver a thumbs up or yell "YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG CAR".

I say this because I've done this quite a few times now :|. Yes I am alone and I have no friends :p

Anyways back on topic:
You start looking at every car that passes by you as you're walking or driving along and start recollecting past reviews of those cars from TG in the same time that the enzo can shift gears, and prep yourself to either give the driver a thumbs up or yell "YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG CAR".

I say this because I've done this quite a few times now :|. Yes I am alone and I have no friends :p

You're not alone and it also becomes a guess the car game.

you listen to just the audio and don't miss a thing either. :p

when you cant do work unless you have top gear playing on your computer in the background. (its like a symphony of burnt tires lol) and yes i still dont miss a thing