You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

Woo good thread comeback!

...You're constantly checking the status of your order on the Dacia website. ;)

When you receive an SMS and your alert is Jeremy announcing "I've got a text". (Available on http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/mp3-downloads-28177/ )

When you are on the motorway and see Traffic Officers in their Range Rover and refer to them as "Wombles" out loud even 'though you're alone in the car.

When you see a biker and shout "Get a car and some proper clothes!"

When your fuel light comes on and you tell your other half "We need more Diseasal". Or think about not telling her and playing "Fuel Light Bingo".

When you say something inappropriate and follow it with "I said that out loud, didn't I?"

When you're comtemplating a new car and wonder what Kristen Scott Thomas would think about it.

When you replace the poster on your bedroom wall of the Tennis Woman scratching her bum with a picture of Sabine Schmitz.

When your other half cautions you about a tricky DIY job and you reply "How hard can it be?", followed by "That's not gone well" when you fuck it up.

When you refer to your genitalia as "Wedding Vegetables" (guys only, obviously)

When you say something dry and witty, and follow it with a slight pause and then say "Probably".

When you rack your brains for ways to get just famous enough to be the SIARPC.

I could do this for hours......

Last edited:
When you're comtemplating a new car and wonder what Kristen Scott Thomas would think about it.

Lol, not to demean you or anything, but I'm not sure if this is relevant anymore since her day as an SIARPC.

I think it's now: "When you're contemplating a new car and wonder how it looks compared to Keira Knightley" :p

Lol, not to demean you or anything, but I'm not sure if this is relevant anymore since her day as an SIARPC.

I think it's now: "When you're contemplating a new car and wonder how it looks compared to Keira Knightley" :p

Not to demean you or anything, but if a car was compared to Keira Knightly she is so thin it would be a motorbike. :p

Now get a car and some proper clothes! :lol:

Don't you remember the DBS? JC was comparing it to the DB9 and goes "Keira Knightley.... Keira Knightley... in puff diddly's jewelry"

What the hell would I know - we have a Fiat Multipla. That's like Roseanne. With a hangover. And PMT. And a pump action shotgun.

Reactions: LP
Last edited:
When you understand about your friend's obsessions with other things, because you're obsessed with Top Gear now.

When Top Gear tells you you're not a true petrol head until you've owned an Alpha, and start looking for one.

When you're talking with friends over the internet who are watching on BBC America and they say something about the show and can pick up the rest of the show from there. And they have no idea what you're on about for half the show, because it's edited for commercials.

When your friends tell you to stop laughing at things coming up.

And when those same friends can tell what time of the year it is, what the day's date is, and how long until the next Top Gear episode starts, even though they won't see it until either BBC:A shows it, or you finally get around to putting them on a dvd for them.

(I'm sure I recycled a few, but those are the ones for me.)

When you unashamedly make a fanvid of Richard Hammond.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cjACvysinA[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
When you buy a white motorcycle helmet partly because it's safer but mostly because you want to look like the Stig.

Also when you start referring to the local law enforcement as "rozzers".

You take your five-speed gearknob, scratch out the 5 and write TG instead, after which you use the top gear for the very first time!

I was once driving my dad's 6 speed audi and quoted the bit from Jezza's Zonda review. "But now i'm moving out of fifth gear and into top gear.." Of course i was alone in the car...