You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

At least you didn't go out and buy tampons for such a purpose. :lol:

*shifty eyes*

Er...no...though apparently someone on a different forum managed to convince her dad that having tampons in the garage 'just in case' was a good idea. :lol:

Last edited:
*shifty eyes*

Er...no...though aparently someone on a different forum managed to convince her dad that having tampons in the garage 'just in case' was a good idea. :lol:

:blink: IdontwannaknowIdontwannaknow!!! *Fingers in ears* Lalalalalala!

:blink: IdontwannaknowIdontwannaknow!!! *Fingers in ears* Lalalalalala!

I just meant that I had my own supply, as most women do. :lol:

If you were referring to other anecdote I posted, apparently her father then proceeded to convince his father of the same. *snicker*

I'm so amused.

Last edited:
Called my bosses car a Mondeo, called the Pontiac G8 a VXR8 :p

Done a few Stig quotes without thinking of it too.

"Some say, he can open a beer bottle with his testies!" Or some such thing.

Raced my buddies Lexus, after we were done I walked over, opened the door and shouted "YAAAAAA!!" and shot my hands in the air :p

When you start driving your car, and start talking to an invisible camera. Saying, this car is good but! etc etc...

Then you are watching too much topgear.

Oh cock!

Called my bosses car a Mondeo, called the Pontiac G8 a VXR8 :p

Done a few Stig quotes without thinking of it too.

"Some say, he can open a beer bottle with his testies!" Or some such thing.

Raced my buddies Lexus, after we were done I walked over, opened the door and shouted "YAAAAAA!!" and shot my hands in the air :p

I call Contiques Mondeo's as well, but the G8 is a Commodore.

when you start seeing things

a few days ago i saw a bike riding down the street
and the dull tee shirted bloke on top of it was wearing a shiny white stig helmet

When you see the words 'top gear' in the heading of an article, get excited then disappointed when it's about some car from Nissan and doesn't involve the show : (

I'm not sure if this is too much Top Gear or that Top Gear has had a positive influence on me - because despite a phobia of driving (even though I love cars) I'm trying to learn to drive.

However...

During my driving lessons I have been known to paraphrase Hammond and his tights, which has become, "I don't want to die in a Vauxhall Corsa!" and when it won't go up hills I yell, "Come on little car!"

I now describe my beloved real ales as "brown beer" and have been known to get the giggles when looking at cheese in the supermarket. And once, in the middle of the street, I heard a phone ringing and looked around wildly, shouting "Whose phone is that?" before realising, "It's mine..." and being compelled to announce that fact (and yes, mine just... rings. Maybe there's still hope. Who am I kidding? The old one had Jessica as the ringtone but I can't hear it clearly enough on the new one). Possibly worst of all, I have a blue flowery shirt...

Contour+(Mercury) Mystique=Contique. Sorta like Tarusable or Crown Marquis.
See also the VW/Seat/Ford Shalhambraxy. Two of those are, I think, still on sale after 13 years...

I now describe my beloved real ales as "brown beer"...
...with twigs in it. Never forget the twigs.

About 34 hours from now I should be starting my first shift behind the bar at the Nottingham Beer Festival. How hard can it be?

You know Top Gear's had an effect on you when you watch 'Gone in 60 Seconds' and find the Big chase thoroughly tame.
No power slides.
Barely any tire squeal.
He hardly even kicks the arse out on the corners.

...When the fact that you complained to the TGA Mag editor about how much ranting is going on about the first episode of the TGA. Even though it's not really their business. And also complained about why you can't go to Top Gear live.

You know Top Gear's had an effect on you when you watch 'Gone in 60 Seconds' and find the Big chase thoroughly tame.
No power slides.
Barely any tire squeal.
He hardly even kicks the arse out on the corners.

Which "Gone in 60 Seconds" did you watch? Cage's remake, or the original '70 (complete with cheesy acting) version?

Which "Gone in 60 Seconds" did you watch? Cage's remake, or the original '70 (complete with cheesy acting) version?

The remake.

Quite good, shame about the chase.

When you look at Saturn owners in america and think, did you buy that astra on purpose? do you realize thats NOT an exciting new model? you cheap bas...ok, ill stop there...

if, while buying a car, you quote Jezza, Hamster or May more than two time while talking about the car.

if everytime you are behind a Prius, you just wanna kick the s%$^ outa the person driving.

i could go on forever, actually cut missions short in Iraq so that i could get back and watch another epp of TG!