You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

I have a couple:

When you are praising/cursing about a car, in the back of your head, you imagine it in JCs voice.

You actually don't think you watch too much TG, 5 times over is nothing!

or wedding vegetables

I have a couple:

When you are praising/cursing about a car, in the back of your head, you imagine it in JCs voice.

You actually don't think you watch too much TG, 5 times over is nothing!

TG-aholics' Anonymous?

I'm more apt to hear JC in my head when I'm stuck in traffic and I want it to go faster.

You introduce your girlfriend to your family with a stig-themed intro.

"Some say she cooks a mean lasagna, and that she loves watching football with the guys. All we know is, she's called the Lindsey".

You get in though the right-hand door of your car and wonder where the steering wheel went.

My first time driving, and I thought the exact same thing.
(Mind you, I've had 16 years in Canada, so imagine my surprise when five seconds later I went: "Dad, this would be a hell of a lot easier on the right." :lol:)

You introduce your girlfriend to your family with a stig-themed intro.

"Some say she cooks a mean lasagna, and that she loves watching football Top Gear with the guys. All we know is, she's called the Lindsey".

At which point she immediately becomes your ex-girlfriend, unless the amended version above is true.

To which you respond "That's not gone well."

At which point she immediately becomes your ex-girlfriend, unless the amended version above is true.

To which you respond "That's not gone well."

or "what does it take to get a girl to watch Top Gear, after all... how hard can it be?"

Anytime you see a blue, four-door saloon/sedan on the road, you start thinking about how much it resembles the Liana or the Lacetti.

Phrases like "Oh, cock!" and "That's not gone well!" become part of your vocabulary.

The only way you will watch soccer/football is if it involves cars. (I loathe soccer/football; but I loved the Aygo football segment from S6. (I've not seen the one from S8 yet.))

Last edited:
You make an entire wall in your bedroom into your very own Cool Wall, complete with Jezza and Hamster life-size-cardboard-cut-outs. :lol:

...well, I would do, if I could. I WANT THAT IN MY LIFE! :mrgreen:

I have to try to think of which side is the US side when I look at pictures of cars interior's to figure out if its the way I drive.

When you start pronouncing 'yoghurt' like Jeremy does. I used to say 'yo-gurt', now I find myself saying 'yohgurt'.

You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

you start wanting to hit other cars when you stop for fuel or at red lights :D

And that happen to me every time i'm driving with friend in the other car... am I top gear sick ? :cry: :mrgreen:

You know you watch too much Top Gear when....

You start sounding like Clarkson.... infront of everyone. (Guilty).

You call Audi drivers cocks. (Guilty).

When you see something beautiful (i.e. an Alfa Brera) you announce... "I'm nursing a semi."

Whenever you see a red Rover 416 GTI you shout... "Hammonds bought a Rover!"

when you dream about being given a racing lesson by charlie cox from TG Australia. And then beating him at it.

yeah, srlsy. I'm weird.

Weirdest of all is that in my dream he was almost normal, and not an idiot waving his hands around making stupid puns

When you dream about making love with Keira Knightly and worry how Jeremy would feel if he found out that you had.....

I KNOW, it's weird, especially seeing as I don't even fancy her! Sure was a tad freaked out when I woke up this morning.

you buy a car for 1500 pounds, you park it in front of the store and you run to it with a sledgehammer and destroy it and say: this is a proper car! And you get in and drive further...

or

whenever you take a turn, you say.. "oooh yes, i can feel the grip!"

When you rush to check if Jeremy has won the Heat Weird Crush poll....and confuse everyone in your office letting out a small Woop!

When you dream about going to MPH even though you didn't and in the dream James was wearing a gorilla suit.

Please, don't ask, I have NO IDEA....