You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

When you respond to a crappy salesperson in a department store by calling them a "Baggy trousered, land burning, work shy pillock." -I've done this one a few times....

Did they hit you?

They should have. Its people like you that make those of us who work in stores hate the public.

Well, don't suck at your job and maybe we won't take it out on you. It's your own fault, I always wait for the salesperson to make a complete ass of themselves before I get abusive.

Some of the best salepeople around get abused for no reason. People just assume they are superior to customer service personnel. It was once said that the true measure of a man is how well he treats the people he doesn't have to treat well.

A lot of the public fail that test.

I'll treat you well if you show competence in what you do. But if i ask you a series of questions and you just recite me the brochure and not even the stuff i asked, then you're getting what's coming to you.

I'm not suggesting that its right to verbally abuse sales people. I just don't think that bad service should be met with praise. None of MY clients would tolerate incompetence.

Last edited:
last night i had a dream that i was james may (guess who's my favorite) and the three of us were on an office building's balcony, about 6 floors up. richard and jeremy wanted to get down to the road. so out of nowhere i fashioned this belt chain by connecteing giant 3ft paper clips and lower richard first then, somehow, jeremy after. i can't remeber what they said but yes...

my username is narin and i watch too much top gear...

EDIT: and someone might be slipping something in my tea

...you plan a holiday based on the roads there
...you find yourself in unusual circumstances due to saying "How hard can it be?"
...a packet of chips is now "a high powered snack"
...you search Super Cheap Auto for an LED screen which allows you to send messages to nearby drivers
...when searching for a new lounge, one of the features you look for are electronic adjustment controls

As I began to slow down on the straight after I finished my first lap around the Nurburgring in my STi I let out a long exhale and said, "brilliant..."

That same day on the drive home I started reviewing my car aloud :lol:

You know you watch too much Top Gear when you want to kill anyone who is associated with Snooker.

Apologies if I wind up repeating someone elese:

When you wonder what Kristin Scott Thomas qwould think of what you are driving, wearing, cooking, etc.

When you wonder what Kristin Scott Thomas qwould think of what you are driving, wearing, cooking, etc.

I do the same thing, but since I'm not too familiar with her I use someone else. Like Charlize Theron, Keira Knightley, or Georgia Horsley.

...when you build your own physical Cool Wall.