You know you watch too much Top Gear when...

you know you watch too much TG when.....

the shows arent available in either of the countries you live in ( canada and the bahamas) yet youve still seen every episode, diatribe, blog and comment made by the ENTIRE tg team.

You contemplate an evo 3 for your first car because yo uwant to make it like the fq400, except better .........with more POWER

...when your entire family, although being American, calls it a 'speedo' without even cracking a smile.
...when you visibly cringe when someone says 'Pre-us' or 'Jag-war'.
...when you have three brothers (I guess it would work with friends or workmates, etc, :p) and know exactly how each one matches the personality of a TG presenter.
...when you relate music you hear on the radio with TG clips, not their albums. (And, as an extension of that- when you hear the Passengers CD, you can't help but get lost in Veyron daydreams.)
...when your mother asks of a car, "what do the guys on Top Gear think about it?"
...when you exclaim aloud, "Michael Gambon is so cool!" and people give you an odd look.

Here in Hungary we pronounce a lot of car names in a different way (some of them we say in the PROPER way, unlike the British, like BMW :p) but now I realised I tend to pronounce car names in the British way.

When you're having a conversation with a British contractor working in the US and your brain formulates a sentence with "jaguar" in it and while the words are coming out of your mouth you are deciding whether to say "jag yoo ur" or "jag whar" and in the end you leave it at "jag".

Btw jaguar is a native American word so guess what the proper pronunciation is. Further, the person who discovered the element called it aluminum, it was the British scientific polit bureau that changed it to aluminium.

Mind you thanks to TG I've learnt that the Americans were right about Porsche - It's "Por-sha" and not "Porsh" like we always said over here.

I must have watched too much Top Gear sometime in 2005, then.

I still haven't changed the ringtone, either. ;)

My Phone Alarm is the TG ringtone too. :p I'm not too fond of hearing it at 7:00 on a Monday morning though.

(sorry Double post)

...when you merge on to the freeway with your foot buried in the carpet shouting POWWWWEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

No, he called it Alumium. ;)

Yes, and then called it aluminum, then it was changed to Aluminium.

From Wiki:

The earliest citation given in the Oxford English Dictionary for any word used as a name for this element is alumium, which Humphry Davy employed in 1808 for the metal he was trying to isolate electrolytically from the mineral alumina. The citation is from his journal Philosophical Transactions: "Had I been so fortunate as..to have procured the metallic substances I was in search of, I should have proposed for them the names of silicium, alumium, zirconium, and glucium."[22]

By 1812, Davy had settled on aluminum, which, as other sources note,[citation needed] matches its Latin root. He wrote in the journal Chemical Philosophy: "As yet Aluminum has not been obtained in a perfectly free state."[23] But the same year, an anonymous contributor to the Quarterly Review, a British political-literary journal, objected to aluminum and proposed the name aluminium, "for so we shall take the liberty of writing the word, in preference to aluminum, which has a less classical sound."[24]

I usually wear sneakers to school. Last November or sometime it have been snowing for a few days until there are a good couple centimetres of snow on the ground and it was too slippery for sneakers. So I changed to snow boots. On the first day I wear snow boots, while I was walking in snow, I yelled: "Feel that grip! It's just phenomenal."

When you're having a conversation with a British contractor working in the US and your brain formulates a sentence with "jaguar" in it and while the words are coming out of your mouth you are deciding whether to say "jag yoo ur" or "jag whar" and in the end you leave it at "jag".
:lol:

I love Wiki's differentiation:
"The jaguar (Panthera onca, pronounced /?d??gju?/ in British English, or /?d??gw?r/ in American English)..."

I wonder if they have the same pronunciation key for the car article? ;)

Just so this isn't OT, my mother has an injury that left her feet in a lot of pain- the doctors made her special shoe inserts made of carbon fiber and she asked if maybe they'd let her on TG to road test them. :)

blah blah blah blah blah blah I am driving around in a 450hp RX-7, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

:D I see through your disguise, enjoy your 130 Ft/lbs of torque

I Kid, i kid :p

...when you forget its a british show made for a british audience and has heavy british biases and start complaining about how the show is so anti - (insert non british country name here)

...when you immediately change the ringtone on a new phone to Jessica (TG Theme song).

...when you start recompressing your ripped Xvid versions of TG so they'll play on your iPod.

...when you buy a 32 gb iPod Touch so you can put every episode of Top Gear on it. (I haven't done that yet).

After a snow storm last night my dad was snowblowing the driveway and said, "Feel that power! This thing develops an astonishing eight brake-horsepower! With a top speed of... FIVE miles an hour!"

When you write a batch file that randomly chooses an episode out of the entire collection because you can't be bothered to choose/have seen them all so many times already.

"You know you watch too much Top Gear when"...

...you are shooting "normal" cars too, only because you remember them from a TG episode: :lol:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/08/tg1.JPG
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/08/tg2.JPG

Greetings, lip

You know, that your friend wathced to much TG, when he always says COCK & look at meee!