• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

You think drifing a car is difficult?

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
That's awesome :woot:

Yeah, but those cars are designed for drifting. They either have really low gearing so that you can just spin those rear wheels easily or like hidden wheels underneath or something I bet...

is that guy in the black skyline running nitro?! First time I've seen a nitro drifter...Viper, they either use PVC tires glued to the rims, or they put tape on the tires and run tons of camber. :bangin:

:shock:

Nice one!!!!

:lol:

those things just have way to much power for their weight. a friend has one, and it slides all over the place when you give full throttle, so if you can control those things, it realy isn't hard (but i cant)

so if you can control those things, it realy isn't hard (but i cant)

:bangin: If you can control your car, drifting isn't hard either :p

:shock:
Makes me wish I still had my gas-powered R/C car! And yes, those things have waaaaayyy too much power for their size. They're also much twitchier and respond extremely quickly, so you have to react fast to really control one. Mine was a 4WD, which made it easy to turn, but if you ran it in 2WD all you got was spinouts. I'm amazed at how much control these guys have over them! :bow:

Daniel said:
Am I the only one who thinks drifting is boring and not fun?

I guess...

Buba

Daniel said:
Am I the only one who thinks drifting is boring and not fun?

have you ever done it? it's quite a weird feeling when the cars goes sideways, it's much cooler than what it looks like

its easy to lose the tail becasue there are liek only 2 strpis of rubber on the wheels. their like 2 rubber bands thick so there is little friction

I'm kind of suspicious of that video. It doesn't look like they are actually drifting. It looks more like they have hidden rear wheels like Viper said. Plus, drifting RWD cars, either real ones or RCs, requires very good feel for throttle and steering, which is near impossible in such small cars that are going so goddamn fast. The only way I think you could get an RC car to properly drift is if it were AWD and was on ice or some other really slick surface.

no its not that complicated...you just have shit tires or little rubber bands to revent the wheels from getting scratched and it will spin like hell...

:shock: Very Cool, now i want to buy one. But they are ToO expensive. I'm saving up for a PSP :p