Your all time favourite rally car

Your all time favourite rally car

• Total voters

Svempa

Car(s)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v
So it's all boiling down to this. The winners from our polls doing the one thing they never got to do in real life - going head to head :) And since there is an Audi Quattro featured, even the guy who in the Group 4 poll said he's "not motherfucking voting for any motherfucking else than a motherfucking Audi Quattro" can join in. That is if he's smart enough to find the right button. :)

From Group 4 it's the Lancia Stratos
Alit2.jpg

Group B is represented by the mighty Audi Quattro/Sportquattro/S1
2050225.004.1M.jpg

From the Group A the Lancia Delta Integrale
lancia10deltaintegrale.jpg

In the WRC corner it's the Subaru Impreza WRC
_42320944_rally_416.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...it's like choosing, "which one of your children would you pick while the others are cast off into the fires of hell?"

Can I just pick "all of them?"

Wow...it's like choosing, "which one of your children would you pick while the others are cast off into the fires of hell?"

Can I just pick "all of them?"
Well apparently there is one child you love more :)

So it's all boiling down to this. The winners from our polls doing the one thing they never got to do in real life - going head to head :) And since there is an Audi Quattro featured, even the guy who in the Group 4 poll said he's "not motherfucking voting for any motherfucking else than a motherfucking Audi Quattro" can join in. That is if he's smart enough to find the right button. :)

I doubt he find it when you didn't put "motherfucking" in the poll at least 2 times.

In 1956, a couple of crazy guys decided to enter their Jaguar Mark VII saloon (limo, really) in the Monte Carlo rally, which was then held mostly on dirt roads. Ronnie Adams and Frank Biggar thought it'd be a blast. The enormous car stood out from the much smaller competition of Simcas, Citro?ns, Lancias and Sunbeams.

historisk-rally-jaguar%20200pix.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.**/img179/6015/56rallyemontecarloronniyn6.jpg

It won. Not just its class, but the ENTIRE RALLY EVENT.

http://img181.imageshack.**/img181/1234/56rallyemontecarloronnihe6.jpg

Most improbable, and therefore BEST rally car ever. :D

Although I love the Lancia, I voted for the Subaru because it achieved more (and still is) and because Colin McRae drove a Subaru. That alone puts it in N1 for me!

Although I love the Lancia, I voted for the Subaru because it achieved more (and still is) and because Colin McRae drove a Subaru. That alone puts it in N1 for me!

Pardon my french, but How the hell did the Subaru achieve more than the Delta?

The subaru won the constructors title 3 times, the Delta 6 times, in a row! Lancia has won it 10 times!

The subaru, 2 drivers titles, the delta had 4!

It's not all about the wins. The Subaru has been compteing since 1993 and although it didn't always win the championship it was always very close. Which can be explained with the fact that the rest of the cars were very competitive.

Lancia delta FTW

Yes, I like the Delta, and the Quattro, but I grew up loving rallying. But I was watching Richard Burns and Colin McRae (both RIP) chuck the Peugeot 206s and Subaru Imprezas around. The Impreza left a mark, the 206 not so much. Why I would always have one over an Evo.

Being a loyal, I have to chose Subaru. My lifetime has been filled with loving the Impreza, with Colin and Richard at the wheels. If I were more around when the Stratos was taking the titles, I might have gone with that instead.

It's either the motherfuckin' Delta or the motherfuckin' Quattro, Motherfucka!

The Audi gets my vote due it's groundbreaking AWD system.

However! A bit of trivia here for you all: did you know the Subaru is much, much faster than any of the other cars listed (I believe)? It's way underpowered comparatively, but all that technology and engineering makes up for it tons.

The Audi gets my vote due it's groundbreaking AWD system.

However! A bit of trivia here for you all: did you know the Subaru is much, much faster than any of the other cars listed (I believe)? It's way underpowered comparatively, but all that technology and engineering makes up for it tons.
Of course it's the fastest. It's the newest one which in motorsport almost always equals the fastest regardless of output etc. Time moves on.

To say it's way underpowered is a bit much though, at least compared with the two Lancias.

audi_quattro_pikes03.jpg

Just look at it. It's just so awesome looking lol. And I just can't get over that awesome 4WD system with which it did all those awesome power slides.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJjBzSKN7LE[/YOUTUBE]
^Epic.

Last edited: