Your Camera Equipment

The 14-54 I is just as sharp and is about 429 bucks at B&H. ;)
I got my 14-54/2,8-3,5I for just $300 at B&H, but that was in November '08.

Yeah, the dollar was real low and nice back then. I got mine for christmas, hehe. These days, you won't save money on ie. a 9-18 over there now.

It is? Well, the D40 was discontinued for about 2 years before they stopped selling it, so I'm not worried. :p

Whether or not you can find one, they don't make that lens anymore.

cartman_angry.jpg

edit: wat, oops, didn't realize there was another page.... still...

Last edited:
You keep being pedantic when Hyundai nukes Winterpigland.

:D

brb, have to photoshop that

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/08/19/winterpiglandgetsnukedbyhyundai.jpg

I still say that-

nuke4.jpg

GRRRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Does Hyundai have Blackjacks? :D

^ agreed

/not a native flatlander, dad was in the military, et cetera. Also I lived in Calgary for a couple years, everyone who's never lived there says Cal-gAYry and it makes me raeg. It's a silent A you nit.

^ That's how I've always said it :canadian:

And nothing of value was lost.

but only because the Jets aren't there anymore.
Wait... what about Ikea?! :p

Last edited:
Luckily Hyundai both makes computer screens (I loved my 19" CRT, 1600x1200@85hz!) and strategic bombers like the Blackjack Jet bomber, so it's no problem.

Now, I got a new lens after a recent visit to B&H photo. I wanted a wide angle, so I got the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5,6. I was originally looking for the Zuiko Digital 9-18mm, but they were out of stock on that one, but they reccomended the Sigma as a really good lens still. I also got some filters to go with it; A kit containing a UV-filter, a CPL and a Warm filter (What's that used for?) as well as an ND4 (0.6) and a Star-6 art filter. I also got a flash diffuser for my Olympus FL36.

PA052937.jpg

The warm filter would have been handy in the days of film. With digital the camera will just automatically adjust around it anyway (auto white balance) or if you shoot in RAW you can just warm up the white balance and get the same effect without adding extra glass to the front of the lens.

Have you taken any photos with the star filter?

Have you taken any photos with the star filter?
Yes, I got a few in Washington DC, I used a little bit too large aperture though, so the star effect got a bit dominating. Basically it gives every light source a six-pointed star around it.

PA022674.jpg

here is how my rig will look like:
1XHQhTalFfpk08fgHcdd8t6ao1_500.jpg

Just ordered every single part today:

specs:
-canon 5D MK II with battery grip
-70-200L 2.8 IS
-16-35L 2.8
-canon 580 EXII x2
-speedlite ST-E2
-2x B+W multicoated circular polarizer filter
-2x B+W multicoated NV filter
-2x omiBounce for 580EX
-Canon angle finder
-RedRock Rig with mattbox( eybrows, sidewalls, doughnuts etc.), pull focus and shoulder mount
-Zoom H4N
-External LCD, which I haven't actually decided on which one to get yet.

My rig should be ready by the end of this month. Hopefully, I cant wait :D lol. I ve been using my rebel for waayyy too long now.

Last edited:
Something I've never come across in the reviews so far: How long can you record video on that before the sensor gets too hot and noise starts to really show?