Your Camera Equipment

that would be my conclusion then, yes. go with maybe a 50MB/s card to compensate for the cardmaker lying about the speed and you should be good :D

edit: personally i'm using transcend cards rated at 90MB/s (with a olympus e-m10 that is...). they've treated me well this far and are not what i'd consider expensive (paid 18?/32gb i think).

I find it hard to believe it's limited to the FPS, more likely that was extrapolated from the write speed test, which was probably done at ISO 100, so that's around 34 MB/s. The largest size raw I've seen from the 6D in a comprehensive review was 34 MB, and at 1.4 fps that would make it 48 MB/s, so a 50 MB/s card will be just fine.

Thanks. Looks like the 80MB/s was too fast after all :D

Yeah, the 6D's write speed is hardware-limited to about 40MB/s so the 80MB/s card is pretty overkill. Any of the 50MB/s cards on the market should be fine for making sure there's no bottleneck.

There's more to the card than the camera's speed, if you have a fast card reader you'll get the photos on the computer faster with one of those 95MB/s cards.

Yeah, but these cards usually read a lot faster than they write. And if you want to go faster than 60 MB/s, you're gonna need a USB 3 one and I don't know how many people want to dedicate one of the few USB 3 ports to a card reader.

The card reader in pretty much all Apple's computers are connected directly on their own PCI Express channel, these things are quick.

Bought this for 47 EUR. Found it 13 - 20 EUR cheaper than in other shops so bought it. Even if it is to fast for the camera I wont have to buy a new one if I ever get a better camera in the future. And they give a life time waranty. So ech :)

Only I dont know why every where it has a golden top with red writing, mine is all black with gold writing. And at sandisk.com the black one are 280 MB/s.

sd-sdsdxpa-032g.jpg

Last edited:
can anyone tell me why that card is so goddamn expensive? is it just because it says sandisk on it? (see above, got the transcend 90MB/s card for less than half that 18?/32gb)

The Sandisk Extreme Pro Version has Read and Write Speeds of 90 MB/s, which is comparabel to this similar priced Transcend Version
http://www.amazon.de/Transcend-UHS-...mputers_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1603FB92ZW8667FKZP1Q

Such write Speeds are actually only needed for high bitrates - Ultra HD (4k) - and or high FPS rowshots. That's why the first and second Generation Canon MK7D uses Compact Flash Cards. Those have write speeds of up to 160MB/s. For everything else 50MB/s is actually more than enough for normal people.

Though the extrem pro is alot tougher then "normal" SD-Cards,
B001XURP7W-proofs-sm_de.gif
. I've got Panasonics Gold's (which are similar to extreme Pro's) in 16GB and 8Gb that I got for Cheap and they still work, although they're several years old now.

Last edited:
I tried using the Sandisk Extreme Pro on my A77 a while back. For some reason, I would get a database corruption error. WTF. "database corruption". It's almost equivalent to BSOD (blue screen of death). Ended up using Sony's 94 mb/s. Though, the Sandisk worked well on my NEX-5N.

I just let the camera format it.

With that said, "exFat" sounds so familiar. But, I can't remember if I did. I very vaguely remember Googling it and trying different ways because I so wanted it to work. I wanted to see if it made it big difference....that, and it was on sale. :)

exFAT is like FAT, but allows for files larger than 4GB. Then again, I tried it in my D7000... and no cigar.

But if you formatted it in-camera, it shouldn't go wrong.

Great, bought this Pro SD card and it doesnt support the XAVC S recording on the camera :( What memorry card does support it?

So it had to be SDXC and mine is SDHC! Great! 47 EUR down the drain...

Oh well, dont plan to film something very profesional or whatever. If I ever think in trying out to films something good, will have to buy another SD card :)

Just disappointed, because I like to have everything in one pacage. That everything must work. :(

Bought this for 47 EUR. Found it 13 - 20 EUR cheaper than in other shops so bought it. Even if it is to fast for the camera I wont have to buy a new one if I ever get a better camera in the future. And they give a life time waranty. So ech :)

Only I dont know why every where it has a golden top with red writing, mine is all black with gold writing. And at sandisk.com the black one are 280 MB/s.

sd-sdsdxpa-032g.jpg

Last edited:
according to the sony codec, you'll need an "SD Extended Capacity (SDXC?)" SD Card which start at 64GB ! And is an different SD Card Standard, - "SDA 3.0 Spezifikation ". SDHC is only 2.0 ... :(
Info taken from the FDR-AX100 tech. spec. sheets.

Now I have red if I get a SDXC car, there might me issues that my computer might not read it. I run Win XP SP3 with USB2. Any suggestions?

Called the shop where I bought the card, they agreed in good will to change it to Sandisk Extreme 64Gb 45Mb/s. I guess that should be enough to have all the fetures on my RX100 M3 :(

^^ Awesome. Bought two 16GB cards for 34? with shipping. Thats a bit less than what I paid for one here in Zgb . . .