Your Camera Equipment

Damn! Well.. We can still do it if you want to :lol:

Still got that Series E in the corner if you want it, It would be easier for me to sell the AF for sure.
The series E definitely the better built of the two now that I?ve had them side by side. Sad that it?s lacking the AF.

Damn! Well.. We can still do it if you want to :lol:

Still got that Series E in the corner if you want it, It would be easier for me to sell the AF for sure.
The series E definitely the better built of the two now that I?ve had them side by side. Sad that it?s lacking the AF.

Yeah, absolutely! I'm not after image quality, but I'd like the the more compact and period-correct lens for the FE.

I'm looking to get a new ruggedised and waterproof compact for trips and what not. Something like the Nikon AW130.

Does anyone have suggestions?

The other option is to get a compact like a Canon EOS M10 and pair it with a beater GoPro + case? I just dislike the idea of carrying around a heap of kit.

So about a couple of weeks ago, I bought a Sony A7R II with Sony's 28mm f2. I kept reading how sharp this lens was.

Below was shot at ISO 16,000. This camera amazes me how it retains detail. Of course it's going to be grainy, but, I'm ok with it in types of scenarios.

Sony A7R II with Sony's 28mm f2

ssRPxvQ.gif

hot damn... but your poor poor wallet / bank account :D

I finally (after nearly 8 years) have upgraded my camera (D50) with a very lightly used D7100. I don't know how I've gone this long...

Waiting for the a7R II body to arrive. All stocks ran out as the cash price was US$2,568 vs $3,198 US SRP + sales tax.

Or should I get a used a7R II bought last September for $2,300?

Got this supposedly difficult to find Zeiss Batis lens for US$1,072 vs $1,299 US SRP + sales tax.

CYrElAHWYAAs65q.jpg

1RHnoxu.jpg

AkRHWjv.jpg

Z7Q2SZ6.jpg

Last edited:
Got my first prime lens today - Canon 50mm/1.8F adapted to my Sony NEX3 (have to use manual focus now). It's my first experience shooting with such low F and with manual focus. To make things more challenging, I decided my first test shots should be at night.

XqhK6l5.jpg

It turned grainy because I didn't have a tripod and had to increase the ISO. I've got a lot to learn.

I'm looking to upgrade my Nikon D300 with a D500.
I curse Nikon for delaying the release to April :(

yashica-samurai-review.jpg

After realizing this is an actual thing, I ordered a late 1980s Yashica Samurai x3.0 by Kyocera from eBay. It shoots on 35mm film and was endorsed by Ryuichi Sakamoto of Yellow Magic Orchestra fame. :cool:

Last edited:
my iPhone 4
It being a phone, allowed me to take snaps at more restricted locations e.g. The Shard, The Gherkin in London.
Also, my instragram app allowed me to edit the lighting and the hue and the colours in the snapshots I took which made for some very awesome pictures, and allowed me to keep the originals too, so I have a before and after on some of my favourite stuff.. Also, because it's a phone, I always have it on me, so if I ever see anything cool...

mipul5z.jpg

In addition to the Samurai camera I got earlier, I wanted to expand to cheap eBay SLR:s as I ordered nine rolls of expired film for cheap. The Samurai is a half-frame, which means the local film shop developed two shots on one paper, which kind of sucks. I don't know if will be shooting all the rolls with the Samurai, so I struck a deal on a '90s Canon EOS 500 for three euros. I got it today, my 50mm EF lens fit on it directly and the autofocus also functions. It's so ridiculously cheap that if the first roll turns out to be okay, I will have a blast shooting with it. And it's really clean, strap included!

Now I just have to order cheap 123A batteries by the truckload :p