Your Camera Equipment

Well.... "keeping it simple" has officially been dragged out behind the barn and shot in the head... twice.

Not shown on the pictures: 5 tripods (4 velbon's + 1 nobrand), canon eyepiece extender and remote control, 2x sandisk extreme III cf cards.

Lowepro omni pro bag. Smaller than I thought it would be, but will do the job for now (yes, I know I should have tried it out in the store first...)

lowepro_omnipro.jpg

Open sesame...

lowepro_inside.jpg

utstyr-1.jpg

utstyr2.jpg

All pictures taken with an old canon ixus 40 camera.

Last edited:
Say hello to the DADDY (well, OK, more like the great grand-daddy...)

Sony Mavica FD85 SUCKAS!!! :lol:

Gargantuan size, 1.3 Megapixels, and Floppy disks. Oh, yes, floppy disks. That's six (yes, six!) 1.3 MP images per disk! :lol:

And, yes, I actually do use this camera. The only thing I shoot for is the web, which doesn't usually require high-resolution images.

Last edited:
Haha, Sony can be such tools sometimes. Especially when they just KEPT pushing the Mavica, and then making floppy disk to memory stick adaptors so you could stick 128MB cards into it. Then they carried on the Mavica series by making 8cm CD versions! Bloody hell!

They did the same thing with those foolish DVD camcorders as well! Stuff isn't broken, don't fix it!

THat is awesome though, I'd never throw that away. If anything has a chance of becoming worth something one day that is it!

It just screams failure. :)

Say hello to the DADDY (well, OK, more like the great grand-daddy...)

Sony Mavica FD85 SUCKAS!!! :lol:

Shiaat, the school I went to between 2005-2007 had a Mavica just like that as the school camera :lol: :lol: :lol: I was a "bit" amused when we were handed the camera at one class and told to take pictures of each other for the school web pages or something like that...true retro :D And yeah, we used a single floppy for the whole class, people went in 2-3 person groups, took a few photos, transferred them to their computers and erased the disk -> next group :p

How reliable do you find the ST-E2 trigger ? I heard they were pretty much line of sight only which isn't much use ?

It's pretty limiting, yes. I stuck one behind a car to try and create a nice halo around the edge of the car - but the flash lost connection to the ST-E2<_< And the blitz was positioned at the very edge of the car aswell - didn't hide it away real good or anything.

So I'm not terribly impressed by it.. One surprising thing was how much better autofocus worked in low light conditions with the ST-E2 mounted tho. Will keep it mounted on the camera, even if I'm not using the 430ex's.

And it uses 2CR5 batteries, instead of AA - as the rest of the equipment :blink: I hope the guy who decided this at canon got burned alive :mad:

My current equipment:

2xCanon 1Ds Mark III
1xCanon 30D

Canon 24-105mm L
Canon EF 70-300mm
Canon EF 70-200mm L
Canon EF 100-300 5.6L
Canon EF 100-400mm L

and the Baby

Canon EF 600mm L

about 15 batteries
hundreds of CF cards
2 Tripods
1 monopod

alot of equipment, i mostly do F1 races, aviation races, alot of stop action required kinda things.

Paddy- congrats on the new equipment! I'm sure it'll go to good use. I saw on the other page that you got a 24-105 as well? If so that's an awesome lens. It's on my 5d about %75 of the time as my walk around kit.

Night hawk: Damn. That's a kit! How'd you get the ds III's so fast??

And why 2??

Oh yeah, my new toys, already described in the new toys thread:

Nikon D80
Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 HSM + Tamron c-pol
MB-D80 battery grip
ML-L3 wireless remote

My first bout with DSLR's :)

d80.jpg

Last edited:
Paddy- congrats on the new equipment! I'm sure it'll go to good use. I saw on the other page that you got a 24-105 as well? If so that's an awesome lens. It's on my 5d about %75 of the time as my walk around kit.

Night hawk: Damn. That's a kit! How'd you get the ds III's so fast??

Ive got connections in Canon, so i get equipment far faster than if you bought it at a store. im waiting for the Canon 800mm f/5.6 L, considering it as a replacement for the 600mm, since it is lighter.

My setup:
1x Nikon D200
1x Nikon D70s
1x 18-200mm AF-S VR
1x 80-400mm AF VR
1x Tokina 12-24mm
1x Nikon SB-600 Flash
2x 2GB CF cards
2x 4gb CF cards

1x Lowepro Computer Trekker AW for all my equipment
1x Lowepro Micro Trekker 100 when I am shooting light

1x Manfroto 3021PRO tripod (That has a busted head on it... need to replace that...)
1x Manfroto monopod (not sure what kind, all the text on the pole has been scratched off.)

1x 18-70mm AF-S kit lens that I don't use anymore.

"full coverage" zoomers I typically use on single-pack travel assignments
ALL.JPG

I'll have to take a couple photos of the travel bag...4 lenses, 2 bodies, flash, and flash modifiers in one backpack!

As they say a toolbox doesnt make a mechanic. Concentrate on taking photos rather than worrying about your equipment, you'll make up ground much faster that way ...

I know...I am... :D for now it's just the little things that I think will make taking some shots more easily :)

Thx for the advice Cosworth ;)