• JetAudio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Media Center

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
So what's your favorite and why?

I've been a Winamp man forever, but recently I've been exploring the beauty of iTunes and I'm liking it so far. I don't think I could ever force my self to abandon Winamp completely, but itTunes is pretty nice....

It looks nice, it's easy to use, and most importantly it's stable (especially for internet radio) and it sounds fantastic. Plus it has some cool bells and whistles to make you smile. So when you combine the quality with the flavor factor, you get something surpasses other mainstream players, such as the Windows MP and *gasp* Real (proabably the worst player IMO).

If I forgot an option, just let me know.

iTunes. It does everything you could possibly ask for. Okay, it's a bit on the resource hungy side but that's something I'm willing to trade for the ability to just insert a CD and let the programm rip/archive /whatever with a single click.

I used Winamp before and my mp3 archive was a mess. iTunes took care of that.

Can you burn CDs with iTunes? I'm still exploring it ;)

Nothing wrong with WMP V.10 :)

After that I like good ol' Winamp for its cool skins. As an audio player, iTunes is also quite good but as a program you have to use to get music on your iPod, its the worst program I've ever used.

WMP all the way!!

i've tried winamp a couple of times, but realy can't live with it's layout. can't they just give a title bar, toolbars, ... like any other windows program?

used to use realplayer, but so happy i changed that :)

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Nothing wrong with WMP V.10 :)

Yes, I like WMP 10 for videos, and occasionally for listening directly from a CD, but it doesn't seem "right" when it comes to mp3s and stuff.

I'm still not sure if iTunes is going to be my new favorite, so I haven't voted yet. I've been using Winamp since the mp3 revolution first began, so it's kind of a hard decision to think about using something else.

there is one thing i hate about WMP, that's when you're playing MP3s in random order, and next song starts, focus doesn't jump to it. it stays focussed on the song you last selected, so you have to go search your playing list for currently playing song. a PITA if you have more than 2000 songs

YOU GUYS ARE JOKING WITH WMP RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

WMP is utter CRAP.

I've been using WinAMP 2.93 ever since it came out. I am not even upgraded to 3.0 or 5.0 or whatever that's out now.

If it works, dont change it.

AxlxA said:
I've been using WinAMP 2.93 ever since it came out. I am not even upgraded to 3.0 or 5.0 or whatever that's out now.

3 blows, but you should try 5, man.

iTunes for me. It is such a jack of all trades. I leave it open on my second monitor ALL the time and i can use my media keyboard to use it. It's fantastic. the Party Shuffle, where u can see the upcoming shuffled playlist is such a simple thing, yet no one else has bothered to implement it. It's perfect! And don't say enqueueing in winamp does the same thing because it's far from similar. The smart playlists are awesome, setting up rules to have a playlist means i never have to set up my 'what i'm listening to now' playlist. My iTunes automates it all for me. the ripping, the burning, the music directory organisation. No other player is as high quality, as well integrated, or as feature packed.

its only flaw is that the only player it integrates with is the iPod. If it integrated with my iRiver, it would be perfect.

iTunes is Head, shoulders, torso, legs and toes above the competition.

And that is the only time you will ever hear me heap praise on an Apple product.

my itunes lags a lot.

I have 1gb ram. sempron 2800+ 1.6ghz overclocked to 2.2ghz.

What more does itunes need?!

i was running I tunes constantly on a computer with a 1Ghz PIII with 512MB ram no o-clocking and it never lagged once, even during games. That was a couple of versions ago though (4 i think)

Don't really hear a lot of music so i've just stuck to winamp :)

I'm a fan of using itunes (mostly on my mac), and WMP on my desktop. I don't really use my windows desktop enough to make it worth my while to install anything more for playing music though. It's a crap program, but it works for what I need to for the odd chance that I need to play music on it.

Downstairs I use Media Center play music, because the xbox 360 can connect to my music collection and play it with the least effort :-D

hmm, so far I am the only one choosing foobar...

Hate to say it (not a M$ fan) but I voted for WMP. Basically WMP integrates with Windows very well (well, that's obvious really :p ) in that you can do things like minimize to the task bar. Okay, maybe WinAMP does that too with plug-ins but I've had problems with WinAMP plug-ins.

I'll just point out now that I still use WMP9 and refuse to update to 10. This is due to one other major feature I use. In 9 you have the option to have the player on top of everything when in skin mode only (i.e. this on top of everything feature does not apply when not in skin mode). There is the option for this in the preferences. For some bizarre reason in version 10 they decided to replace this with an option to always have the player on top of everything, regardless of it being in skin mode or not. This doesn't make sense to me, so I'm not upgrading till they sort this out. It's just so convenient to swith the player to skin mode (I have a small skin set) and have it on top of everything.

Also, I love the WMP library. I know, it's quite slow - especially when first accessing it (I have a large library - a lot of songs). But it's so logical, and it's very easy to change the tag details in whole albums with their library.

Plus I can control WMP with my media keyboard and creative Extigy remote.

Now I know people are going to shout that iTunes has a great library feature too. But on my PC it's slower than WMP so I gave up on it. Of course, I'm forced to use iTunes on my OS9 Mac, and on there it's actually a great program. I just can't say the same about the PC version.

As for WinAMP, I started using that from the first version that was available; back in '96 I think. I loved that app, but then version 3 came out. Buggy and slow. It alienated me (as in forced me to try alternatives as I didn't have the installer handy of the old version anymore) and although I've tried the latest version, it just seems too slow for my liking these days. And I miss the library function in WMP when using WinAMP.

So, although I'm not currently using my PC (dead) and so not using WMP, my vote had to go for that...
I may not like M$ too much, but I can't deny that some of the software they make is very good...

Edit: Damn, I go on a lot... :? Sorry!

AxlxA said:
YOU GUYS ARE JOKING WITH WMP RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

WMP is utter CRAP.

If it works, dont change it.
:thumbsup: