Your Favorite Hot Hatch

Your Favorite Hot Hatch

• Total voters

ahpadt

Forum Addict
I think that I've included almost all of the interesting ones that you can buy. Which would you pick and why?

well a lot of those cars don?t really play in the same league, and since I don?t like the new mini that much, but I like big engines in small cars, it would have to be the 135i... :rolleyes:

Alfa 147
Ford Focus
Renault Clio
Golf GTI
Honda

Alright fess up. Who voted for the Caliber? :p

For me it was a tough choice between the Astra and the Focus ST but seeing as I like the looks of the Astra a little better it got my vote. Plus Saturn is supposedly introducing the Red Line version so I could actually have it (unless they kill off the idea) unlike the Ford.

I am with the Astra also, not only better looking than the Ford but better looking than all the rest on the list. Having owned a Astra from the generation b4 the latest model and owning a Ford from the generation just past living with a Vauxhall/Opel is better than a Ford (imho) from experance.

I really like the Focus ST - looks brilliant, rides well, goes quickly, has lots of liftoff oversteer and it even sounds good. And yes, I'll have mine in orange. :D

Mazdaspeed 3 or Chevrolet HHR SS for me.

Focus ST because it's just a great all rounder. It's pretty cheap, has a large interior, fast, and looks pretty good (the new one). I just wish they were sold here. :cry:

The Megane, on the caveat that once Seat takes their fingers out and makes a proper hot-hatch Leon Curpra R, I might take that instead.

The Megane, on the caveat that once Seat takes their fingers out and makes a proper hot-hatch Leon Curpra R, I might take that instead.

The current Cupra has 240hp... Pretty frisky if you ask me. :p

GTi, because its a great all rounder, can fit a large HDTV in it with shopping from costco (tested myself), and can go pretty damn quick. Also the DSG is a cool little option.

ive already made my choice...

after countless of test drives (Big up to Ford for their kind customer service), i still rekon you can have the most fun in the beemer, and thats all i care for.

Having said that....Civic Type R is still my favourite, but the 130 is the one ill take home with.... oh wait, ive already done that :p

S3 is not too shabby either, considering its a 4 pot Turbo and have lots of modding potentials, i wouldnt mind buying one in the near future. Pity about Audi's dealer, their service is beyond shit.

p.s : you left out the mighty 135i, which will smoke just about every other hatchbacks on the road. With a chip, induction kit and zorst, you are looking at 350bhp or more. And with a LSD, which you can buy from BMW, the 135 is seriously bang for the buck.

350bhp, straight 6 TT, 50/50 weight distribution, RWD is a mouth watering recipe....

Last edited:
From that list, the Civic Type-R, because it's a Type-R.

Of the cars currently available, I'd get the .:R32 (you only have GTI on the list).

Coming up in the next few months, I'd get the 135i, but we only get the coupe version here in the states.

Not on List - Audi A3 3.2 quattro ... the better S3 ... :p

I voted for the Audi for no real reason. Not a fan of Hot Hatches, I'd never buy one.