Your Favorite Music

philipman1

What are your favorite pieces of music that you have heard through the seasons. There are so many to choose from but I really like Chasing Sheep is Best Left to Shepherds and a lot of the music from E.S.Posthumus. Share Yours...:)

GerFix

Car(s)
Jaguar XKR, BMW E92 M3, MG TF, Riv 4000
Craig Armstrong's Escape

They've used this a few times, notably as Clarkson broke the 10 min lap time at the 'ring.

Bunji

Car(s)
The now broken shell of a Mk4 Ford Fiesta
Hmmm... Tricky one. I'll have to go with Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street from the first amphibious challenge. Wish they'd use it again, it's just so damned epic.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
Couleurs by M83 from the Blackpool Race in 12x04. At least that's the best bit of music i have not heard outside of TG before. Otherwise i'd have to go with "anything in the Enzo review"

EDIT: 5x02 had a beautiful amount of New Order in it, too.

Last edited:

Cusson

Car(s)
Subaru WRX
The music editors definitely have certain artists they prefer. UNKLE, Craig Armstrong and Rob Dougan are just a few artists they've used in almost every series of the show since day one.

shellygrrl

Craig Armstrong's Escape

They've used this a few times, notably as Clarkson broke the 10 min lap time at the 'ring.
Definitely this, for me. Also in the M5 review, after he pushes the "M" button. Oh yes.

Also: Brian Eno's "An Ending", "Easy Muffin" by Amon Tobin (also in the M5 review, and I think throughout the Carrera GT review), some of the UNKLE songs they've used ("When Things Explode" in the Polar Special, for example).

This series, I can't really pinpoint much I liked. Maybe on rewatch I'll take to something; I don't know.

mk.

One of my all time favorites must be Hyper's "Ultimatum". It is impossible to keep control over your right foot when this song starts & the road in front of you is empty :no:

From series 15 I would definitely bring out the film with the new Touareg and the race between "Hammond's" Touareg and the two motorsledges. UNKLE's "The Answer" and the score from The Moon <3

robybobey

Car(s)
2006 Astra 120bhp
This at 0:40:

Courtney Tidwell - Eyes are at the Billions

Even watching this now makes the hairs on the back of my neck stick up lol.

Last edited:

Momo63

Car(s)
I am Mondeo Woman! *sighs*
I was thrilled to hear Magazine in the final show. Shot by Both Sides and Permafrost