Your Favorite Music

I really liked UNKLE - When Things Explode during the Polar special. Also the ES Posthumus samples (Menouthis, Ebla, Tikal and Pompeii) and Craig Armstrong - Escape.

Ludovico Einaudi - Lady Labyrinth was excellent in the Bolivia special. Such a beautiful piece!

'Moonchild' by M83 turns up a lot, as well. I've heard it in the 'Supercars in France' episode, as well as the 'Race to Oslo: SLR vs. Boat' episode.

I find their use of 'Angels of Mercy' by Patrick Cassidy in the Ford GT 40 episode to be very nice!

Last edited:

Not sure which challenge this was from.

Doves are a wonderful band!

Best stuff - for me 70's rock so:
Led Zep,
AC/DC,
The Who,
Queen,
Groundhogs,
Free,
Genesis particularly with Peter Gabriel,
Pink Floyd,
Hawkwind,
Pink Fairies,
David Bowie,
Thin Lizzy (with Phil Lynott),
Cream (I know technically 60's) oh and Jimi Hendrix
Latest stuff:
The Cult,
MUSE,
The Killers,

Last edited:
I really liked UNKLE - When Things Explode during the Polar special. Also the ES Posthumus samples (Menouthis, Ebla, Tikal and Pompeii) and Craig Armstrong - Escape.

Ludovico Einaudi - Lady Labyrinth was excellent in the Bolivia special. Such a beautiful piece!

ALL Ludovico Einaudi they used, I liked it enough to buy both Divenire and Nightbook. Also, Kronos Quartet performs Philip Glass during the SL65 Black review, and the Strokes intro to Series 4. See now, just by letting their music be used on TV shows, the record industry has sold four albums.

Has to be Rob Dougan's 'Speed me towards death' (Bobsleigh v Ralleycar, Leo Holding basejumping off that alp) a great piece of music which takes on a whole different tone if you hear it with the lyrics (like most of Dougan's music).

Bugger, this thread will get expensive for me! :lol:

Some of my all-time favourites that haven't been mentioned yet are "Frigga" and "Mojave" by Corner Stone Cues from the Bonneville trip. One of them was the background to one Clarkson's attempts where you could actually see the airflow over the spoiler of his Corvette for a split second. :drool:

Someone referred to the caravan trip, I've got an odd one from that: "Captain of her Heart" by Double. It's as mopey as they felt when "the bond of their friendship" was being threatened, so quite funny in a strange way.

I agree, it's absolutely lovely and will have to expand my "Top Gear" playlist. Since (the) Doves have been mentioned, "Kingdom of Rust" was in that special as well.

Not sure which challenge this was from.
It's from the Nissan GTR vs. Shinkansen race. That music came on when Jeremy drove under and over Tokyo Bay and IMHO it was one of the best film+music matches on Top Gear ever. Another great one from that is "Opening" by Craig Armstrong which they used for the footage of the train zipping through the countryside.

Last edited:
I really liked UNKLE - When Things Explode during the Polar special.

Oh yes. :nod:

Oooh, thought of another (IMO, at least) fab visual + music pair: the use of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" in the Lotus Exige review, when Jeremy's trying to avoid the Apache helicopter.

This is what was playing when Sabine was throwing the diesel Jag around the Nurburgring, I think...

Gah, Samuel Barber may come back reincarnate and kill whoever's done this. It has none of the feel of the origional

But I guess that's the point of a remix...and yeah it was used in 6x7 around 50 minutes in.

Music during Porsche "driving", with Jezza screaming

Last edited:
This one is much better.

Actually the choarl version is the one I have on my computer (Thanks, Homeworld soundtrack!), so I have to agree with you on it being better. Also, not having audience members caughing through the video helps.

Found this amazing song and artist during Jeremy's Mercedes Black review (His Mercedes).

J-Walk Soul Vibration

i always forget which segment i wanna say it involved a Merc AMG coupe but i am not sure.