Your Favorite Music

philipman1

What are your favorite pieces of music that you have heard through the seasons. There are so many to choose from but I really like Chasing Sheep is Best Left to Shepherds and a lot of the music from E.S.Posthumus. Share Yours...:)

Craig Armstrong's Escape

They've used this a few times, notably as Clarkson broke the 10 min lap time at the 'ring.

often used (in earlier seasons) and always great for me: tracks by rob dougan :thumbsup:

Hmmm... Tricky one. I'll have to go with Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street from the first amphibious challenge. Wish they'd use it again, it's just so damned epic.

Couleurs by M83 from the Blackpool Race in 12x04. At least that's the best bit of music i have not heard outside of TG before. Otherwise i'd have to go with "anything in the Enzo review"

EDIT: 5x02 had a beautiful amount of New Order in it, too.

Last edited:
The music editors definitely have certain artists they prefer. UNKLE, Craig Armstrong and Rob Dougan are just a few artists they've used in almost every series of the show since day one.

Craig Armstrong's Escape

They've used this a few times, notably as Clarkson broke the 10 min lap time at the 'ring.

Definitely this, for me. Also in the M5 review, after he pushes the "M" button. Oh yes.

Also: Brian Eno's "An Ending", "Easy Muffin" by Amon Tobin (also in the M5 review, and I think throughout the Carrera GT review), some of the UNKLE songs they've used ("When Things Explode" in the Polar Special, for example).

This series, I can't really pinpoint much I liked. Maybe on rewatch I'll take to something; I don't know.

One of my all time favorites must be Hyper's "Ultimatum". It is impossible to keep control over your right foot when this song starts & the road in front of you is empty :no:

From series 15 I would definitely bring out the film with the new Touareg and the race between "Hammond's" Touareg and the two motorsledges. UNKLE's "The Answer" and the score from The Moon <3

I was thrilled to hear Magazine in the final show. Shot by Both Sides and Permafrost