Your favourite computer game

Magnet

Car(s)
BMW E46 328Ci
So guys, what is your favourite computer of all time? I'm not talking about the best graphics, or storyline, but the one that you loved (possibly as a kid) and can play over and over again.

You can pick Sonic the Hedgehog when it was on SEGA Mega Drive if you want:p, or Out Run when it used to come in the stand-up version in the arcades.

I'll start off:

Mafia (PC): Driving and running around a fully operational city, and awesome missions8)

Thief (PC): I loved sneaking around old churches, breaking into people's homes, and not trying to kill people along the way (and you were rubbish with the sword anyway). I remember playing it at night with the sound up and the lights off, exploring a haunted cathedral, hearing the rattling chains of the dead priests. Then jumping three feet in the air when they spotted you and started chasing you through the whole building :lol:

For me, I think the ultimate game allways was and will be is Quake III Arena. There is no other game that I'v played for so long and downloaded Q3 theme movies and other stuff and was a part of the community in TrickJumping. Great times were then :)

The second would be WarCraft III ROC & TFT. This one got me hung up for a long time to and I loved the way Blizzard make games full of animation and cinematic stuff. You are waching a movie more than you are playing a game with Blizzard.

The third would be also an old game, but wich I went through mabe 20 times is Project IGI 1 & 2 Covert Strike.

I thing thats is my top 3. :)

If we're talking pc games - Doom. Console games - the Gran Turismo series.

WoW :cry:

Extreme Violence. Points to anyone who remembers it.
Two player only, top down with very very basic graphics. I had so many hours of fun playing this with my brother.
extremeviolence1.jpg

Last edited:
Full Throttle - anyone remembers it?

Twinsen's Odyssey (Little big adventure 2) as well;

The early NFS's (up until the 5th)

Counter Strike - for the amount of fun this thing gave me

Edit: GTA! 2 and San Andreas are my favourite ones;

Red Baron on the old 386. I spent hours on it as an eight year old and it kicked off my interest in early war flying. What it lacked in graphics, it made up for in gameplay.

Grand Prix 3 was also great fun.

Medal of Honor: Breakthrough is the best game of all time. It had the right guns, sounds, fun maps and the best style of objective yet in an FPS: Liberation, (Breaking dead teammates out of jail.)

2nd favourite: Day of Defeat: Source. Nice graphics, great load in times, superb community and probably one of the best MP maps ever made in FPS history (Avalanche).

3rd favourite: Subspace/Continuum. Free online game. First online game I ever played and absolutely got me convinced that online gaming was better than being a nerd. Played this game for 4 years on and off, but mainly non-stop. From about the ages of 10-14. However, the game has changed alot since my days playing it and is god awful now.

THIS IS ALSO MY 300TH POST :D

That's my list.

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and X - I cant pick a number one favorite because they are all epic games, and I'm pretty dam good at each of them, although Ive only fully finished VII.

GT4 -Need I say why? still not finished it 100%

Resident Evil 4- One of the few reason to own a GC really, the best RE game to date by ba long shot.

Prince of Persia from Jordan Mechner,
Prehistorik 2 with the caveman with the club
Super Mario Bros.

Marathon,
Myth,
HALO,
Knights of The Old Republic.

Many, many hours on those titles. Good times, good times.

DOOM
Unreal Tournament
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
RTCW: Enemy Territory
GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA

Can't think of any other at the moment.

Live For Speed.

Flight Simulator 95 / 2000 / 2004

Hours and hours and hours of fun. For more than 10 years now. Recently I had the possibility to control a helicopter for real (I flew before many times, bot only as passenger). And i flew it instinctive without problems, include hoovering and landing. It just worked. That was really strange. One of the craziest moments in my life.

Greetings, lip

Last edited:
counter-strike and half-life for me

just because i play so much and the amount of people that i met while playing it

an honourable mention would be diablo 2, had lots of good buddies from that too, and it was fun, for a few years

counter-strike (and not that Source crap)

I played it for 8 years (including all the beta's) but then most people switched to source and whoever was left started hacking so i quit.

garrysmod

stepmania

raptor (lol)

thief

runescape