Your favourite racing-related quotes

"Second is first of the losers" - Ron Dennis, circa 1988.

Actually, I have a book full of these somewhere. Erm, where is it...hang on a sec, I'm gonna go for a rummage in my cupboard...nope, can't find it. I'll look tomorrow.

do they have to be about racing? i know some random car related ones

i wasn't speeding officer, i was qualifying
my bike isn't leaking oil, it's marking its territory
98% of all harleys ever made, are still on the road...the other 2% made it back home

my bike isn't leaking oil, it's marking its territory
98% of all harleys ever made, are still on the road...the other 2% made it back home

Could also be applied to Ducatis!

Thierry Boutsen after practice in Monaco, 1988, asked about how it went:

"Everything was fantastic today. Had a problem with the engine, problem with the brakes, problem with the T-car, couldn't get a clear lap... Everything was fine!"

Thierry Boutsen after practice in Monaco, 1988, asked about how it went:

"Everything was fantastic today. Had a problem with the engine, problem with the brakes, problem with the T-car, couldn't get a clear lap... Everything was fine!"

It's similar to what DC said last year when the team asked him how the car was:
"Its not good. It doesn't turn, it doesn't stop, no traction... Apart from that, its great, having lots of fun!"

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines"
- Enzo Ferrari (alleged)

it's rubbish but it has something of the old days about it :>

?First you learn to drive fast. Next, you learn to drive fast in traffic. Then, you learn how to do it for 500 miles.? - Alan Kulwicki

?No one wants to quit when he's losing and no one wants to quit when he's winning.? - Richard Petty

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always, always cheat." - One of my toughest competitors back in the 90's. He would've the championship more than once had he not been caught.

Ayrton Senna to Nigel Mansell in Hungary, 1992...

"Now you know why I'm such a bastard: it's because I never want anyone else to experience what you are feeling now."

Ayrton Senna to Nigel Mansell in Hungary, 1992...

"Now you know why I'm such a bastard: it's because I never want anyone else to experience what you are feeling now."

That's a good one!

Another one...

Carlos Reutemann and Alan Jones were bitter rivals in the Williams team in 1980-1981. Reutemann tried to "bury the hatchet" and make up with Jonesy, but the Aussie driver replies...

"Yeah, IN YOUR BACK."

Another one...

Carlos Reutemann and Alan Jones were bitter rivals in the Williams team in 1980-1981. Reutemann tried to "bury the hatchet" and make up with Jonesy, but the Aussie driver replies...

"Yeah, IN YOUR BACK."

To be 100% correct I believe it was "Yeh, in your fucking back mate"

Proper Aussie Bloke old Jonesy.

Asked before Adelaide 1994 who will win the championship (Hill or Schumacher), several people in the paddock give some relatively funny answers...

Frentzen: "Problem is, I can't see into the future."
Alesi: "I haven't got, you know, one of those crystal balls..."
Berger: "Piquet. Because he's quickest..." (of course, Nelson had retired 3 years earlier)
Hakkinen: (raising a fist) "I will!" (slaps his hand against his face) "Oh wait... no..."
Briatore: "Damon Hill" (walks away grinning) :lol: