Your favourite racing-related quotes

Marcus Gr?nholm "Something come through the floor up in Timo's ass"

Juha Kankkunen saying the reporter after he asked him what tires did he use "Black round pirellis"

Can't believe none of the aussies have posted this one yet. Couldn't remember the quote word for word so I grabbed the youtube vid

Jim Richards, Bathurst 1992

[YOUTUBE]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ATwXUtxPA[/YOUTUBE]

USA GP 2005, Martin Brundle commentating once the spectators started throwing stuff on the track:

"I've got to say... if it was Ferrari, Bridgestone and the FIA fighting all of the solutions, then they're as guilty as everybody else this weekend, and I hope, now they're watching this, they realize the stupidity of it, because this is nonsense. Absolute nonsense."

And after the race is over...

"If Michael does a victory leap on the podium, I'm gonna march there and punch him."

Last edited:
British GP 2004, pre-race. Martin Brundle has just been shown driving a Jaguar F1 car in Central London in a major event...

Mark Blundell: "I've never seen Martin's eyes as wide as that... tell a lie; in the West End of London at about 2 in the morning."

I like the race of bikes. And Over the past five years, 3,035 thoroughbreds, standardbreds and quarter horses have died at racing facilities, but not all of them on the racetrack or inracing-related accidents, according to statistics provided to a Congressional subcommittee by the Association of Racing Commissioners International.:)

Uh... what? Nobody was talking about horses here. :blink::???: Why do you think this is in the "Motorsports" section?

Monaco 2003, lap 22:

Brundle: "And Montoya's absolutely flying here at the moment, he's about to set some kind of stunning laptime, unless he pits, which he's not doing, 'cause he's gone through the final turn. There is Raikkonen behind, desperately trying to hang on... Montoya goes over the line with a 15.1! You what? Where'd he get that from? Unbelievable!" (faster than the pole position time...)

Original:
Gerhard Berger: "Der Kubica wei? genau: Wenn er zu langsam ist, f?hrt er morgen wieder Traktor in Polen."

Translation:
Gerhard Berger: "Kubica truly knows: If he's too slow, tomorrow he'll be driving tractor in Poland again."

And - of course - maybe the best one ever:

Hans Stuck: "When I raced a car last it was at a time when sex was safe and racing was dangerous. Now, it's the other way round."

"If you want to make a small fortune in racing, start with a large fortune." - Roger Penske

And - of course - maybe the best one ever:

Hans Stuck: "When I raced a car last it was at a time when sex was safe and racing was dangerous. Now, it's the other way round."

"If you want to make a small fortune in racing, start with a large fortune." - Roger Penske

Two very good and appropriate comments.

Monaco 2002. Massa and Bernoldi are squabbling over 10th place. These are Brundle's lines from the commentary box.

(exiting the tunnel)

"That's gonna end in tears, this Massa-Bernoldi scenario is gonna end in tears. You can just see it happening; two relatively inexperienced, hot-headed Brazilians..."

(Ste Devote, a few seconds later, the two did indeed crash)

"Did I mention tears? It just had to happen..."

^

gotta love Martin, I'm so glad he is going to be commentating for the BBC : )

he is one of my fav racing driver of all times.

And are you sure it's Monaco 2002? Massa crashed on his own it seems, locked the brakes up and crashed

Last edited:
David Coulthard explains the start mayhem that broke out at Hockenheim in '94...

"Hakkinen tried to come up my inside and Blundell down the outside, and they're both crazy, so they both tried to squeeze me, not realising they've got another crazy man the other side of me..."

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJwZu5Qqio[/YOUTUBE]

:)