Your gaming chairs??

Komeuppance

Mr. Old Man Merc
Car(s)
The best car... in the world.
What are you guys using for gaming chairs??

This is mine:
2x4Chair.jpg

The ergonomics are modeled after a Starion for true authenticity. The seat is a 1989 Mitsubishi Starion seat from a set I'm not using.

It's not finished yet!! I have some stain for it, oh yes. Stained 2x4's, classy.

-Robert

I have a bit of a budget setup:

The seat is a Sparco of some sort that I picked up from a friend of a friend who was respeccing a race car for new rules. The seat was a little damaged, so I had to fix it, but now it's as good as new. I repurposed the base from an office chair so it could be moved around and have adjustable height. Instead of a stain I covered the wood in the base (a piece of plywood to convert from the office chair bolt points to the Sparco bolt points, not shown) with a bit of black cotton, to give everything a more consistent look.

Last edited:
I'm using a kitchen chair with a pillow on it.

It helped me beat the X1 challenges, so haters gonna hate. 8)

I'm using a Staples? /Sealy? Posturepedic? Geneva Chair that isn't even comfy anymore, all the memory foam in the seat has moved to the side. I've been looking at a PO?NG from Ikea for when I finally build a decent set up.

Last edited:
So I'll definitely be using it once I get a proper set up then, since it's the best chair ever.

It's so incredibly comfortable, I can sit in it for several hours without getting uncomfortable in any way. Nice lower back support, too, so you don't have any back ache when you get up.

Alright, I'm sold, I've been looking for a reason to go to Ikea again.

Hmmm... that Ikea chair looks nice. Mine has adjustable lumbar support, and adjustable side bolsters though!!

-Robert

AW09206-1266TPS537348.jpg

Similar to this, but with the the bottom half taken off. It sits on the bed.

I have a Po?ng too (dark brown frame, black leather), but not using it that often for now, mainly play from the sofa. When I play with a controller I tend to lean myself forward, with my feet folded back under the chair, and the Po?ng is really not comfortable in that position.

But once I receive my G27 and wheelstand I'm probably gonna use it a lot more...

Currently I'm using a bucket seat pulled from a late 80s Ford Bronco. It's quite comfortable. I clamp the wheel to the computer desk.... I'll get a proper wheelstand soon and then look at upgrading to a new wheel.

I have a green floral couch from the early '90s.