Your home Town / City

I don't have any good pics of my home town. (Maybe I should take some in the summer...

Vantaa is a town, but it doesn't feel like it. That's because there really isn't any real centre or downtown (of course there are bigger districts with lot's of shops and bureaus like Tikkurila where the townhall is), Vantaa is kinda large area with some industrial areas, fields, forests and housing areas.

Vantaa is great, because it's quite peaceful here and I can live in a house that has a garden. And still, Helsinki (the capitol of Finland) is a "neighbor town" of Vantaa (it takes only 20 minutes by car from my house to the centre of Helsinki).

Here's the Vantaa's web site in English.

While this technically isn't my city (town), it's where I go to school. Manchester, VT. WOO HOO!

manchester.jpg

Hi all! Back after my horrible exams! (But I'm now finished at Uni... Yay!)
Anyway had to pop to the bank in town yesterday, thought I'd take a few photos to contribute to this thread... So, here's parts of Guildford Town Center (I didn't have much time). Guildford is in South East England and as we're really close to the Top Gear studio, has been mentioned on Top Gear...

This shot is of the main clock in the town - this is perhaps the most recognized landmark to show Guildford so I thought a photo would be appropriate. This is on the high street - one of the main streets with all the shops in town. The street itself is cobbled, and many of the buildings on this road are very old. The clock itself was built in 1683 I believe.

While I was in town, there was a film crew filming an advert (just opposite the clock). That Volvo is a part of the advert, and it looked like it had something to do with teenagers in hoodies (something that's really hit the news lately).

Guildford has it's own castle. Or rather, castle ruins... I've not yet had the chance to go inside and wander around, but will do soon. It may not be the prettiest on the outside, but it has some really nice gardens.
This castle was once one of the most luxurious royal residences in England. It is believed to have been founded by William the Conquerer in 1066 with Henry III subsequently lavishing vast amounts of money on buildings and decorations in the 12th century. The King often stayed at Guildford during Christmas. After Henry's death in 1272 the palace buildings were used less freqently and eventually allowed to fall into decay.

As I said, the gardens are really nice. Here's one view (not the best, but the best one that came out thanks to the iffy sunlight). Unfortunately none of the flowers have grown yet but last year when there were flowers everywhere this was quite an amazing castle grounds...
Guildford is adjacent to the Downs, a large group of wooded areas (hills) where there are plenty of trails. People go walking there, I go trail biking... You can see a small part of the downs in this photo I believe.
One of the houses in the photo (actually it's part of that block but perhaps 3rd house away, I can't remember) is where Lewis Carroll used to live (author of 'Alice in Wonderland') and where he died in 1898.

Oh well, that's where I currently live and have lived for the past 4 years. Plus 7 years when I was a kid. But, now uni is finished probably leaving here and moving somewhere else - depends on where I get a job.
Anyways... enjoy!

-Max

(All photos taken with an Olympus mju410)

Not that much to photograpf in my little hometown, it's tiny. I do live right next to Helsinki so maybe I should post some pics from there, dunno...

Anyways here's one

Here is a view from the very center of my town, Tampere:

koski.jpg

Can't really see more than the central park and a few hotels there =)

And a view from my 5th floor flat in the evening:

iidesjarvi.jpg

I live right next to a little polluted lake called Iidesj?rvi.. :(

Sorry for the big pics, but it's gotta be like this to get the whole "picture" ya know? :D

Edwards Air Force Base

Home of the Air Force Flight Test Center, NASA Dryden Research Center, and yours truely

Base Side
http://img311.imageshack.**/img311/4238/dsc015891op.jpg

KC-10 & C-17 on the tarmac (right of largest building in the middle)...hard for you to see but it's easy for me to point out :p
http://img333.imageshack.**/img333/4525/dsc015926dd.jpg

Housing side, arrow is roughly where my house is :p I acually think that is the side of my house where my arrow is lol
http://img68.imageshack.**/img68/3217/dsc015978ws.jpg

I have some pictures of my town, but this one blows all mine out of the water :(

http://img188.imageshack.**/img188/7456/38735o7vs4fd.th.jpg

wow that's an awesome photo :shock:

ahhh home
thts really close to where i work on and off..
http://img264.imageshack.**/img264/9038/pic0807sm.jpg

jayjaya29 said:
Hehehe, this is my town:

Just kidding guys, I don't have any good pics of my city of Lindenhurst, nothing good going on here.

Oddly enough, I've been to Lindenhurst and I know you aren't kidding.
I grew up on L.I. also so I know.
i have to find some pics of my world to post.

^^

Nice, its pretty boring around here, but the Great South Bay is a short walk away from my house, so having a boat makes it all worthwhile.

Oh and about that place in the pic, its even larger now with bigger dirt mountains, fun fun.

^^
New strip-mall is it?
If the water is nearby then that should be your picture.
I would be hard pressed to find a picture of Searingtown in Nassau County to post.
I always loved going on business trips and when I told folks I was from LI they would say, "oh you mean where Joey Buttofucco was from?" it killed me.