Your ideal episode...

Just from the top of my head.

Start with: GT-R race in Japan, I still laugh at the Bill Oddie facemask :D.
Porsche Carrera GT review, my all time favorite review, and for me also the most memorable one.
News with "Growler"
Finish with the 2nd part of the GT-R race in Japan.

No SIARPC needed, if yes, I'd go for Michael McIntyre.

I concur.

- First review was okey, but of course they had to include something cheesy (coolness board thingy)
- Boring news
- Dreadful Russian car segment
- Okay guest
- Stupid, non-funny last "review", trying way too hard to be funny

Now, knock 07x03 in the same way. Go ahead.

Last edited:
Mine would be either a Top Gear attempt at a 24-hour beater race. Chump Car or LeMons or a European equivalent (there has to be one right?) or a modification episode where they actually do a good job (similar to the Renault -> Evo test, but where they don't take shortcuts like buying parts brand new or refusing to lighten the car because they want it to remain a 4-seater). That challenge would have actually been possible if they had done it properly.

As for reviews, I love hot hatch reviews/comparisons. Perhaps driving through England in 3 different hot hatches and comparing them (Scirocco/Golf R anyone?).

For SIAPC: Someone old and interesting. Most of the younger stars are boring! More people like Michael Gambon please!

- First review was okey, but of course they had to include something cheesy (coolness board thingy)
- Boring news
- Dreadful Russian car segment
- Okay guest
- Stupid, non-funny last "review", trying way too hard to be funny

That's your opinion, and I disagree with it.

* Caterham vs. Veritas = excellent and brilliantly shot, and look at all the fucks I give about the coolness board. *stretches her arms out as far as she can*
* One of the best, funniest news segments ever (add the outtakes, and it's even better).
* Silly James/Jeremy interaction. In a good way.
* How can you not like Mayor Boris?!
* I thought it was funny.

I concur with Shelly. And if you want me to go after 07x03...

The trip to Millau was done so that Jeremy could justify, in his mind, spending a hundred twenty thousand on a lemon. I could have told him that any American-built Ford was garbage, from personal experience.

(If Jeremy was American, I'd say that the trip was done so that he could write the GT off on his taxes as a business expense.)

Richard in a Zonda...oh, joy. Almost as bad as Richard in a Porsche.

James proved that he is, in his heart, a masochist. After driving through most of France in misery, he ended up buying one of those.

The drive through Paris was a cliche. Arc de Triomphe traffic, check. Champs Elysees at night, check. Originality, plz.

The exit from the parking garage, as I've stated, stopped the episode dead and was interminable.

No, wait, I've figured out the real purpose of the episode: Jeremy, every once in a while, needs to perform necro-time-travel fellation on Isambard Kingdom Brunel, hence his bridge fetish.

The News has the Bionic Fucking Fish Car and Jeremy spazzing over yet another of his future purchases.

The music in the Asbo ST review is utter, complete crap. Makes me glad I stopped paying attention to music when "Smells Like Teen Spirit" reminded me of the Clash on 'ludes.

SIARPC is a politician about ten billion times less interesting than Boris.

And worst of all, Jeremy attempted to put a BMW into Sub-Zero.

Ball's in your court, Nor.

In James' defense, though, he bought the hard top and not the convertible version. ;) But then it turned out he bought the wrong car anyway, because of course, shortly after he bought the 430, out came the 458 Italia. Silly James.

It already exists, 15x05. Except change the intro test with the old Mk V GTI review.

I would have to say my top 2 shows are the Vietnam and the Middle east specials. How about a Eastern Euro smuggling cheap car challange? I could see this a mix of road, rail and sea maybe air?. Start out in Poland and finish at the studio. But all in the cars.

Last edited:
I would have to say my top 2 shows are the Vietnam and the Middle east specials. How about a Eastern Euro smuggling cheap car challange? I could see this a mix of road, rail and sea maybe air?. Start out in Poland and finish at the studio. But all in the cars.

You don't understand the point of this thread at all, do you?

Bound to be the wrong thread to post this but?..

How about they build their own F1 car from the 2nd hand car market, & then they race. Budget of bugger all.
Don?t F1 rules specify normally aspirated 2litre engine & open wheels?

How about they build their own F1 car from the 2nd hand car market, & then they race. Budget of bugger all.
Don?t F1 rules specify normally aspirated 2litre engine & open wheels?

Plenty of scope for zany, wacky, scripted failure there.

James May may have a degree in music, but I doubt even he could build a serious F1 car from scrap with 2 spanners.

James' speed run in the Veyron SS (S15E05)

News segment - Porsche confusion one (S02E03)

Cool wall (S07E03) and classic wall (S03E08) segments

Hammond trying out the Corvette (S04E10)

SIARPC - Ellen MacArthur (S07E04)

Finish with Clarkson's test of the Aston V12 Vantage (S13E07) :)

Last edited: