Your latest DVD/BluRay

Finally decided to get a couple of DVDs last week, but only because I haven't been able to find the show online (not at a watchable quality at least). So I got these two, for ?8.99 each from Amazon.

51B2DY4WFVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
419AT7X67ZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

My latest, totally love it.

boogie-nights-photo.jpg

Nobody buying DVD's anymore?

I started buying original DVD's about a year ago.
Yes I can get them via torrent or whatever, but this way the quality is better, I've got subtitles if I want, and I get a nice box :D
I get movies that I like, that I think are worthy of having.

I think the last one was LOTR: Fellowship... I'll be buying the other two also.
And I try to get the double disc edition If I can.
I plan on getting Watchmen also when there's a 2 disc (directors cut) edition.

The only thing I'm missing is a nce big TV.

Nobody buying DVD's anymore?

I started buying original DVD's about a year ago.
Yes I can get them via torrent or whatever, but this way the quality is better, I've got subtitles if I want, and I get a nice box :D
I get movies that I like, that I think are worthy of having.

If we all had unlimited money I expect we'd all buy the original DVDs, but some of them are ridiculously expensive for a film you may only watch once.

last dvd's i got were 24 season 7 (watched through in one sitting for that 24 experience, with a show like that i really can't wait week after week) South Park Season 12 (the Major Boobage episode had me rolling in fits of laughter) and X-Men Origins: Wolverine (which started off really good but then just descended into typical action over story movie).

As for getting dvd's, normally i tend to watch them first via torrent or whatever and if its a show or film that i really enjoy then i'll go out and buy the dvd. Castle is a good example, i wouldn't have bought it normally but after watching the first season i'll be buying this the moment it comes out whereas Fringe i would have probably bought but after watching the series it mostly left me with a feeling of "meh"

If we all had unlimited money I expect we'd all buy the original DVDs, but some of them are ridiculously expensive for a film you may only watch once.

I buy all mine second hand, generally for a quid or two from places like Cex or boot sales.

I tend to stick to the sort of film I'd watch again a couple of years down the line but I'm also building the kind of collection my kids should be able to appreciate in the future (along with many that they already do. :)

I was referring to the fact that everyone is buying BR...
And yes, I know they're not cheap, but they're not much. I buy 1 move every two months on average.

I was referring to the fact that everyone is buying BR...
And yes, I know they're not cheap, but they're not much. I buy 1 move every two months on average.

Nope bluray sales aren't really that high, the majority still wont adopt to buying BR players because to them, most DVD releases look 'good enough' all they care about is having a big widescreen tv even if the material they're watching isnt 'high def'. Also given most movies on DVD are being sold about $10-15 USD new, they are quite cheap now.

Finally, finally, finally... Finally they released it here, the sitcom I adore most of all:

51QRPrDIRoL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The price is a bit steep, though: Around 40 Euros for the 1st season box *gulp*

But anyway, I'm finally able to see my hero of the 80's in the original English and not in the (much too much overrated) German synchro version :D

And the best part is: In contrast to the U.S. release, ours isn't censored! Haaar! Haaar! Haaar! :lol:

2nd season will be released on Dec. 11th. I can't wait.

Last edited:
I can see why Hasselhoff is popular over there. :p

You are far too young to appreciate Alf :p

You must have lived through the 80's in a conscious state for that :D

Heh. Well that is a missed event I think I can live with. :p

Picking this up next tues when it goes on sale

Star_Trek_Bluray_cover.jpg

I already got that for a week - and I must admit it kinda grew on me after a 2nd viewing. Still think the factory floors are inappropriate as interior for a federation starship, but at least I'm now starting to understand what they did with Star Trek: Push a reset button and start all over again.

The past 45 years of Star Trek simply just didn't happen anymore the way we know them. It's strange but it can make sense, if they pursue this direction and keep following that alternate timeline they created with this movie.

Last edited:
Gah, I haven't bought a DVD in years. In fact the only contact I've had with a Blu-Ray movie disc this year was to rent Quantum of Solace - and that was in March, I could have downloaded it, but I thought it deserved to be watched in HD. (yes I know there are 1080p downloads, but they take too long.

I do fancy VCDs though, they still release them in Hong Kong for like $3 (legit copies in places like HMV or whatever), perfect for when I have nothing to do.

Some more stuff I bought in the past weeks:

51o4ydt0eiL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
61pfsHzRtkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
61TSQHIlCCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51QLmEvzAfL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
5119fFPU8jL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51JaJS6A9OL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51F512536dL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51VrfJtzXQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51HEihVJBUL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Last edited:
There is nothing more satisfying than having a shelf with the original stuff, instead of hundreds of illegal copies lying loosely around orr just an external hard drive with naked data on it, that you plug into your DVD-player.
[snip!]

this, very much!

Netflix doesn't exist here and similar services suck balls here.

we do have a service like that here in germany (which was bought by amazon a while ago) and i was on it for quite a while. but then, i want to watch those movies when i want to watch them, not two or three days afterwards :mad:
so this brings me back to just buying the stuff (only if it's rather cheap though, i have to admit).

I can't quite remember what I last bought, but here goes anyway:
asd-14.JPG

(yes i do use a wall-tile as a mousepad, it rocks)

Last edited: