YOUR most reckless driving stories

I've gone 180km in a 60km zone. Not the brighest idea ever! I won't be doing that anytime soon, that's for sure! Also recall having a very straight, empty road with a mate in a E34 535i, overtaking him very, very fast and having him overtake me just as fast the second I slowed down!

I also once attempted to overtake a Holden (Opel) Astra Convertable on a single lane country road. Put my foot down, went out and then saw a Ford Festiva in the other lane... slammed on my brakes and attempted to move back into my lane, only to find cars there. Luckily, I stopped just in time for her to move towards the side of the road and for me to slide back into my lane. I learnt quickly from that one! I don't take any chances when overtaking...

Radio Incident

I had a similar thing happen to me.

I was driving my Jeep to pick up a friend one morning, we were heading down to Oregon and we were leaving for the border early. She had never been in my Jeep before and I was explaining some things to her, like how to use the radio. (it was a bit tricky in this car)

Anyways, it's pouring with rain this morning and my Jeep (being a 1977) doesn't even have power brakes, let alone ABS. I'm showing her how to use the radio going along a fairly unfamiliar road, when I decide to look down at the radio. Up untill now the road had been straight, but all of a sudden when I look up there was a sharp right hand corner leading into an intersection. Fuck.

I lock up the brakes (didn't mean to, but it's wet) and almost slide into a median, but at the last second I managed to regain traction and swerve to miss it. Nearly flipping my Jeep in the process. But I end up running the red light in the intersection. DOH!

Lucky there was no one else on the road because it was so early. Great way to start a trip. The rest was great though. The rain let up and we had sunshine for the rest of the trip.

Was racing a CBR600RR up to about 165 MPH in a construction zone in my fathers Ferrari 328 GTS. Bike kept up until we hadda stop for traffic, separate occasion same road same car had a smaller bike (Im guessing 500CC) kept up to about 120 MPH then lost him at around 130 MPH.

Edit: also raced a 911 in the z06 there too

A few days after buying an ipod touch I had a similar issue. The head unit in my car is actually in the BEST possible place, even without fancy volume controls and my tiny hands I can turn it off and on and adjust the volume without taking my hands off the wheel, when an ipod is attached of course the controls are on the ipod not the stereo. It's fine with for any non-touchscreen ipod because it has 4 buttons so I can easily operate it without looking but you can't do that with a touch one.
I swerved onto the wrong side of the road and almost hit a parked car. I have not used the damn thing in the car since. The fact everyone has an iphone and is using them in the car is pretty damn horrifying to me.
This was one of the reasons I got a Pioneer HU in my car now. USB into iPhone so all the controls are on the HU. Also Pandora link :)

You should look at some aftermarket HUs there are reasonably priced ones and damn near all of them have iPod controls. It wasn't too complicated to install in my car (time consuming but not complicated) so you could probably do the install yourself.

Last edited:
On the VT500:
Stoplight Grandprix with a Nighthawk 650 and a Yamaha R5-350.

In my old '74 beetle.
Doing a 180 on a main road.

In my 9000,
Catching air numerous times.
Ample handbrake turns.
cat-and-mousing a WRX on a snowy, windy, twisty, and narrow road.

A friend of mine once did the following:
Aberystwyth to Gorseinon via Aberaeron in 1.29. The route should normally take about 2 hours. This was in icy conditions and with 3 passengers
100mph+ in a 30
Maxed car out (145mph) on a private road
Chased a motorbike for about a 20mile stretch of country road overtaking everything that was in the way.

I have done some stupid shit too......

- This route http://goo.gl/maps/tncC in 1h28 minutes. That is averaging 190km/h over 220km for you :)
- Driving way too fast in snowy conditions, resulting in me suddenly hitting an uncleared part (~4cm snow and ice) of the left lane at 120km/h
- Not remembering how the hell I managed to do 60km of driving, realizing "wait I am here already?"
- Drifting through a right hand onramp corner in our 1 Series in the snow with all driving aids off when a deer jumped out in front of me, resulting in me having to swerve left (out of a right drift), which I did, I ended sliding over 2 lanes of the Autobahn and stopping with the car in a 90? angle towards the right barrier and ~20cm away from it.
- Almost taking out myself and a lorry when approaching with ~230km/h from behind at night, lorry pulls out to overtake other lorry, both lanes blocked, only way past over emergency lane to their right...
- Taking a 75hp car on the Ring, 7 times and being faster than DanRom with twice the horsepower
- Some close calls overtaking people on B-Roads

Stuff I was involved in:

- 5-fold barrell roll in a Golf 3 (mate missed exit of Autobahn and flew off.....)
- Doing V-Max runs in a BMW with winter tires, standing at red light after Autobahn smelling cooked rubber
- Doing a rally stage in a Renault Kangoo through the forest at night

This was one of the reasons I got a Pioneer HU in my car now. USB into iPhone so all the controls are on the HU. Also Pandora link :)

You should look at some aftermarket HUs there are reasonably priced ones and damn near all of them have iPod controls. It wasn't too complicated to install in my car (time consuming but not complicated) so you could probably do the install yourself.
new head unit has been on my to buy list for awhile, unfortunately various lights are constantly breaking on my car and you don't get pulled over by a shit stereo....

In my old '74 beetle.
Doing a 180 on a main road.
:blink: WHAT how the hell did you get that going that fast?

new head unit has been on my to buy list for awhile, unfortunately various lights are constantly breaking on my car and you don't get pulled over by a shit stereo....

:blink: WHAT how the hell did you get that going that fast?

180 degree turn.

Even if it was kph not mph that would still be faster than mine :lol:

Depends on the Beetle, I think...

[video=youtube;Mdv-g-fsQmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdv-g-fsQmk&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
I know that for the old bugs people would drop in the engine from a porsche 356 (that's what they did for the original Herbie movie) and those would probably do 180 kph, but idk what would be needed for 180 mph :lol:

Back in civil service doing Meals On Wheels, I once had to help out on another than my regular route. I had to put up with a certain mid-aged female as it was her route and both her regfular partners were sick. She just needed a second driver (the route was a two-man job to speed up delivery). That particular person very much liked to let the young Zivi (which was me) who was forced to help out deliver to all the customers who lived in places like 1227401st floor without an elevator, reserving the easy spots with almost zero walking for herself.
Well, as that day, we had heavy snow, so she was afraid to drive and told me that I should drive the whole route, she'd take the deliveries. So I thought "muahahahaha, you sorry bitch..." and put on my best driving in snow show... it was really fun scaring her with spinning wheels, handbrake and J turns... she was really quiet most of the time. :D

Hm, come to think of it, that's off topic here. I would never drive reckless. ;)

me and my buddy both got pulled over for speeding at the same time on the way to an autox event. we got radar gunned at the last exit before the turnoff to the event. by the time we stopped at the side of the highway we were right in front of the event and all our buddies saw us getting tickets. it was like a hilarious walk of shame, but taking second place in STU class that day made me feel better.

I have done some stupid shit too......

- This route http://goo.gl/maps/tncC in 1h28 minutes. That is averaging 190km/h over 220km for you :)
- Driving way too fast in snowy conditions, resulting in me suddenly hitting an uncleared part (~4cm snow and ice) of the left lane at 120km/h
- Not remembering how the hell I managed to do 60km of driving, realizing "wait I am here already?"
- Drifting through a right hand onramp corner in our 1 Series in the snow with all driving aids off when a deer jumped out in front of me, resulting in me having to swerve left (out of a right drift), which I did, I ended sliding over 2 lanes of the Autobahn and stopping with the car in a 90? angle towards the right barrier and ~20cm away from it.
- Almost taking out myself and a lorry when approaching with ~230km/h from behind at night, lorry pulls out to overtake other lorry, both lanes blocked, only way past over emergency lane to their right...
- Taking a 75hp car on the Ring, 7 times and being faster than DanRom with twice the horsepower
- Some close calls overtaking people on B-Roads

Stuff I was involved in:

- 5-fold barrell roll in a Golf 3 (mate missed exit of Autobahn and flew off.....)
- Doing V-Max runs in a BMW with winter tires, standing at red light after Autobahn smelling cooked rubber
- Doing a rally stage in a Renault Kangoo through the forest at night

Croly Hap. I hope you and Ice use contraception.

:p

Hey, driving 7 years now without a single self-caused accident, that's way above average in Germany :)