Your New Year Resolutions?

Jay

the fool on the hill
I know it is cliche and we are a cynical bunch, but I am sure some of you have some resolutions.

For me, to lose the twenty pounds I put on from quitting smoking and depression eating, and to be less of a dick on the internet. Think Tommy Saxondale; "genuinely witty, while still being a bit of a dick."

You? :unsure:

I guess my half year goal is to make the engineering program.. One more class to pass do or die.

I already said it in some other thread, but I'll say it here too. My resolution is to stop thinking about stuff. No good has ever come from me thinking about stuff, so I'm going to quit doing it. :p

I have no resolutions, because writing that shit out means that you won't end up doing them. I know what I need to do, I'll just do it.

Get out of this house and just take better care of myself, I have 100% insurance, I should use it.

Get a permanent promotion coz this acting at higher levels put #2 in jeopardy if I lose the extra money

To spend next Christmas in my own place. Even if Christmas dinner is baked beans on toast and the furniture is milk crates.

Quit the evil inhales.

Lose weight.

Get my crap knee sorted out. Tired of being in pain.

Get my arse out of the country, again, depending on all of the above.

- eat healthier
- exercise more
- spend less
- get promoted (ambitious but achievable if I keep going well i hope!)
- really focus on friends and keeping in touch with those who are important to me (including a few people on here), and not worry as much about "chasing" a boyfriend. If it happens, it happens. Friends and family are for life :)

EDIT- perhaps we should use this thread as a motivational tool to encourage each other and keep track of our progress? So we don't just say crap and forget about it week later :)

Last edited:
- eat healthier
- exercise more
- spend less
- get promoted (ambitious but achievable if I keep going well i hope!)
- really focus on friends and keeping in touch with those who are important to me (including a few people on here), and not worry as much about "chasing" a boyfriend. If it happens, it happens. Friends and family are for life :)

EDIT- perhaps we should use this thread as a motivational tool to encourage each other and keep track of our progress? So we don't just say crap and forget about it week later :smile:

You know that's pretty much exactly the same as mine (swap out boyfriend for girlfriend though :p) so I'm just going to copy yours. I'll check in and hold you to it as well!

Focus on the positive.

Remind myself how to play piano.

Don't really have any.
Loosing some weight is always a resolution :D

I have some plans for this year, I guess I could call them NY resolutions and try to actually do them.
Like, try to find a better job, do some nose surgery to help me breathe etc.

I think the only think I should actually focus on is 'don't be so lazy'! That way, I'll do all the things I should do or should have done already! :)

Loose weight, get healthy, keep job (Yes it is that sad atm), try to save some money, go over to the States on hol's again.

Loose weight by Cycling even more (5k km would be nice)
Finish Doctorate
Have as much fun as possible while trying to get back together with my exGF which I'm unfortunately still totally addicted to...

Reactions: fbc
Losing weight makes your belt loose...

(just sayin')