Your Perfect 3-Car Nerd Garage

TC

aka TomCat
So I was walking through the parking lot at work the other day, when I spotted one of my dream cars.

jpjpff.jpg

Yes, I'm a nerd. I have an not-quite-unhealthy obsession with the Jurassic Park franchise. So of course that got me thinking, what would your ultimate 3-car garage of nerdy fanboy cars be?

For me it would start with the Jeep Wrangler from Jurassic Park, maybe a TJ Rubicon modified to look like a YJ with square headlights.

JPeep.jpg

Next would be the Mercedes ML from The Lost World, complete with turbo diesel and manual transmission, just like the ones used in the film.

JPML.jpg

And lastly I have to go with a Bond car. For me it's gotta be the 1967 Toyota 2000GT roadster from You Only Live Twice.

1967_Toyota_2000GT.jpg

007GT2k.jpg

Last edited:
:hmm: Good question. I'm mostly a sci-fi nerd, and cars and trucks don't usually feature very prominently in sci-fi. So I'll have to branch out into horror.

First off - the custom Lincoln Continental from The Car, here having a disagreement with a member of the local constabulary:

I thought about the '58 Plymouth from Christine, but that car was just cursed. This car belongs to the Devil himself. (Apparently, the Devil is a bit of a pimp.)

Then, for those times when I want to go camping/off-roading/fight giant scorpions, the Landmaster from Damnation Alley:

The tri-star wheel arrangement and articulated body & chassis mean it can go anywhere. And the rockets, machine guns, and 20mm cannon mean that no one will ever take your camping spot. More than once, anyway.

And finally, the '71 'cuda from Phantasm. This car has been wrecked and come back to life more often than the Metallicar from Supernatural.

(I thought about the General Lee, but I can't drive around in a car with a Confederate flag on the roof. And a 3rd gen Knight Rider Trans Am is an awful car. It may look good, but you can never get all the rattles out.)

i082980.jpg

DMC-12 (for obvious reasons), but stock (for obvious reasons)

i002200.jpg

Starman Cobra II

i002454.jpg

205 GTI from Subway

Last edited:
As much as I like the Jurassic Park Jeep, the nerd in me wants one of these badly.

The rest of my garage is pretty easy. I was torn between the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am and the big orange one but I see one of the Trans Ams at every car show I go to back in the states so that's out.

Reactions: TC
the 55 Chevy from Two-Lane Blacktop
Two-Lane-Blacktop-2.jpg

Volvo 1800 from The Saint
images

Ford Torino from Starksy and Hutch
top-ten-famous-film-cars-starsky-and-hutchs-torino.jpg

This, from the time when 007 still drove proper Astons......

15-the-living-daylights-aston-martin-1.jpeg

John Steed's Broadspeed XJ12C from The New Avengers...

getrempic3.php

And this because it's just so completely out there!

pink_panther_limo.jpg

Hmm, there are so many but I'll narrow it down.

Ambulance from Cannonball Run. Because NASCAR engine.
i010250.jpg

Mad-max Falcon. because supercharger.
tumblr_mgj60yi9tz1r5h3syo1_500.jpg

And I know you've all done movies but if I'm really being a fanboy of stuff I'm a fan of then there has to be a Land Rover, so this:
LandRoverswim.jpeg

Reactions: TC
As much as I like the Jurassic Park Jeep, the nerd in me wants one of these badly.

I always think about that too, when ever I see a first gen Ford Explorer. The problem is that it was really just a rolling set of seats and never used as a getaway (from dinos) vehicle in the movie. I sometimes think it would be cool to buy a late 80's Toyota LandCruiser and paint it up like the Explorer instead, since in the book the park used the Toyota instead of the Ford. Extra nerd points I think. :p

Mad-max Falcon. because supercharger.
tumblr_mgj60yi9tz1r5h3syo1_500.jpg
Oh, that's a good one, I forgot all about that beast.

I think I got my 3.

Defiantly Connery's DB5
GNv1hGN.jpg

Probably BAN ONE
XL7xjOv.jpg

And I can't decide between the 450SEL 6.9 and Audi S8 from Ronin
lISiPXr.jpg

6uCQDkZ.jpg

Last edited:
Quite a few good choices have alread been mentioned, so...

• Something practical as a daily driver - the Ronin S8
    i001834.jpg
  • Bodie's Capri
    i105131.jpg
  • Danny Wilde's Dino
    dinoep22hh.2254.jpg

The KITT (the original one, of course)

tumblr_mhidpnQiHf1s01wnto1_500.gif

The Defender

viper.jpg

And for some relaxed cruisin' - Alfa Spider from The Graduate

i001804.jpg

Everybody and his brother has a Bandit 1 replica, so I decided to switch things up a little and go with the rocket-propelled Trans Am from a lesser-known film, also starring Burt Reynolds, Hooper:

For something a bit more iconic, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster:

And for something more likely to get respect at car shows where actual judging is involved, a Nash Metropolitan, as driven by "Weird Al" Yankovic in UHF:

Last edited:
Really, A-M? I would have thought you would have picked one of these:

Or, sticking with The A-Team, but being a little different, going with one of these:

(BTW, does anybody think it weird that the so-called "master of disguise" drives around in a white Corvette with a big-ass red stripe down the side? Pretty recognizable, don't you think?)

I think I want to replace one of my cars with this one:

A Brewster Green 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am with a 455 SD, 4 speed gear box, black interior, Rally II wheels and no hood bird - just like John Wayne drove in the movie McQ.

TC, maybe you should change the title to "Your Perfect 3-Movie Cars Garage"

TC, maybe you should change the title to "Your Perfect 3-Movie Cars Garage"

It doesn't have to be though. Just ends up being that way since real or semi-real cars make more of an impression than imaginary cars.

Besides, there are several TV cars named above. :p

Here are mine...
The Testarossa from Miami Vice
369809bc7c64f9a0df10e7671cd3ce36_zps9e9c8e57.jpg

The 57 Chevy from Hollywood Knights
918d8769e849f51691ae2eaa8f9c1b34_zpsb29e6d0e.jpg

The Wraith
400481b8824d401ae67579fcc2b8e657_zpsd55a2f0c.jpg

Last edited: