• Straight

Votes: 139 94.6%
  • Asexual, maybe?

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Straight as your average *normal* ruler :mrgreen:

i have a flexible ruler...

anyway straight here

Straight. That is, out of all the crushes I've ever had (and I've had lots), none of them were on girls. That said, I'm not at all repulsed by the thought of making out with another girl :blush: .

:whistle:

My wife and I aren't having kids, and nor are we religious, so according to a lot of the arguments against gay marriage, my wife and I shouldn't be married...

Oh FFS, so people adopting a child that was unwanted or unable to be supported, and giving that child a caring, loving, safe home is wrong?

I never said love doesnt belong in marrige.
People used to live together before humans started to believe in God and Jesus and the bible. But the institution of marriage was originally made to ensure that children have a stable home etcetc.... all that I allready said.

I never said love doesnt belong in marrige.
People used to live together before humans started to believe in God and Jesus and the bible. But the institution of marriage was originally made to ensure that children have a stable home etcetc.... all that I allready said.

I think it has more to do with keeping track of whose kids are whose than with creating a stable home. Even in a single parent situation, an extended family can easily provide a stable, nurturing environment for a child.

Naidanac_A: I was talking to Cpt.-J mostly.

About gay marriage: whether you like it or not, for many people, gay or straight, marriage is more of a convenience than true holy matrimony these days (being married just gives a lot of advantages financially, for getting a house etc.) Heck, my parents loved each other very much (mom passed away), but they married mostly so they could get a house easier.

I know married gay (OK, lesbian) couples, I know lesbian couples with children and none of those children have any problems so far. OK, I'll admit, all those kids are girls, and none of them has reached puberty yet so I don't know what will still happen, but it doesn't seem there will be any trouble.

You say gay people are "wrong", "sick". Then what do you call the parents that throw out their kids they've lovingly raised for years and years, just because they like people of their own sex better? Why is it wrong to be gay, but OK to make people hate themselves so much they'd rather be dead than admit they're gay, even though they can't help being like that one bit? You gayhaters need to watch some eps of Law&Order: Special Victims Unit.

...i have to say i am a bit amazed at the amount of homophobia expressed in this thread.

if a man and a woman have the right to express their love in public, and to marry, and to garner all the rights held therewithin, why shouldn't a man and man or woman and woman have the same right?

we're talking about two human beings commiting to each other. has the past 2000 years of judao-christian thinking really warped our mentalities that much? i mean, i knew that patriarchy has with regard to our society's treatment of women, but i am always amazed by the amount of naivety and closed-mindedness built up by organized religion...

if a man and a woman have the right to express their love in public, and to marry, and to garner all the rights held therewithin, why shouldn't a man and man or woman and woman have the same right?

we're talking about two human beings commiting to each other. has the past 2000 years of judao-christian thinking really warped our mentalities that much?

You know, I don't think you can blame this entirely on judaeo-christian values (which have been around a lot longer than 2000 years, and the majority of people are straight, regardless of what religion they've been exposed to, and the same is true in countries where religion has been diminished). Religion aside, I think some people are fine with people being gay or marrying the same sex, yet they may be simply grossed out by gay people or perhaps annoyed by those who are excessively "flamboyant"....

But it all comes down to merely giving other people freedom to make their own choices.....even if you don't agree or understand, or even if you're offended by their actions.

I personally am not a homophobe. As I already mentioned, my Aunt is a lesbian and I love her dearly. At the same time, I have to admit that I am repulsed by the thought of having a penis inserted into my behind or even kissing another guy (and that has nothing to do with me being a Christian...I felt the same way before I became one). However, if other people want to be gay or even marry the same sex, I give them the liberty to do so, even though I don't really personally agree with it, but people are free to do what they please. I don't think it's right for people to try to say what other people can and can't do with their personal lives. Liberty one to another.

Regardless of your sexual preference, I'll still be your friend and treat you the same as I would treat any friend.

Last edited:
I have to admit that I am repulsed by the thought of having a penis inserted into my behind or even kissing another guy (and that has nothing to do with me being a Christian...I felt the same way before I became one). However, if other people want to be gay or even marry the same sex, I give them the liberty to do so, even though I don't really personally agree with it, but people are free to do what they please. I don't think it's right for people to try to say what other people can and can't do with their personal lives. Liberty one to another.

Regardless of your sexual preference, I'll still be your friend and treat you the same as I would treat any friend.

Couldn't have said it better.

And could you gaybashers please STFU? If it weren't for people like you, gay people wouldn't have to make such a public stance on who they are.

So people who don't like to see gay couples making out in public, may I ask how you feel about straight couples doing that?

:rolleyes: If that was also aimed at my post, you need to read it again. It's humor. I have a gay friend, and joking about sexuality and stuff is our favourite topic. I always acuse him of having sex with me while I'm drunk just as much as he accuses me of raping him while I'm drunk. :D Jokes like that are just mild fun and he takes no offense in it. Only people that are not secure with what they are will take offense to obvious jokes on their sexuality. My friend is one of the best people I know and he's not the kind that flashes his sexuality in public as much as possible, he doesn't care that much really.

As for people making out in public, that's just repulsive, whether the couple is straight or gay. A smooch once in a while doesn't offense me, but obviously tonguing each other and going down on each other to the point of falling over is just messed up, no matter if the couple i straight, gay or lesbian. If my friend would do that (which he won't, he's got good manners) I'd give him a slight kick and tell him to get a room, and if I did that(which I wouldn't), he'd do the same to me. :lmao: And I would take his advice of course.

So there it is, I don't hate gays, I hate people that think they need to falunt their sexuality (or race or whatever may make them a minority) to the world, no matter what it would be. As well as people that are always in dire need of attention and will do almost anything to get it, however offensive that may be. Oh, and I won't STFU, I have a legal human right to speak.

Last edited:
Straigth.

But gays are good. Less natural competition for me. Thanks for that. :D

But the institution of marriage was originally made to ensure that children have a stable home etcetc.... all that I allready said.

People need to accept that we've moved on since then - according to that definition my childless marriage is just as 'void' as a gay marriage. In fact, a gay marriage where the couple are raising children is more valid than mine.

The point I was making is that a lot of the arguments against gay marriage seem to centre around the religious and child-bearing / -raising aspect - if that's what these people truely believe marriage is about then I'd love to know what they think of my marriage.

Last edited:
People need to accept that we've moved on since then - according to that definition my childless marriage is just as 'void' as a gay marriage. In fact, a gay marriage where the couple are raising children is more valid than mine.

The point I was making is that a lot of the arguments against gay marriage seem to centre around the religious and child-bearing / -raising aspect - if that's what these people truely believe marriage is about then I'd love to know what they think of my marriage.

Yes. That is why our society no longer discriminates against couples that have kids out of marriage and then continue to raise them without ever getting married.

It seems, then, that you are the kind of person who does not mind homosexuals personally, but recognizes that there are other people who do. As a result, you are against homosexuals having children, for the sake of these children- because of the flak that they would receive from those who actually hate homosexuals.

Is this a valid reading, or am I misunderstanding you?

Yes that is correct.

The only kind of gay that bothers me is, as I said before, the stereotypical one. The type that stands out because of his stupid attitude and non verbal communication. The only reason gays do that is to seek attention and acceptance. I do not agree with this kind of behavior. I don't walk around with a Playboy in my hand, I don't shout "LOOK AT MY PLAYBOY!!".

Gays should be accepted. But it should allso be understood that many people think it is not normal.
I find it very amusing that people who don't share my point of view call me ignorant. These people then call me a "homophobe", they think I am not comfortable being heterosexual and call me "a homophobe moron". Great. Who are you to tell that I am ignorant? Just because I don't think that being gay is normal or natural.

I actually did a quick search on Google. I know that any information on the net, TV, printed... anywhere... can be questionable. However that doesnt mean you can't make up your own mind. Read it, if you want to.
http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

All the hits I got on my search said the exact same thing. Theres no proof that there is a specific gay gene and that the enviroment in wich a person lives has a greater influence than genes.

more broken homes have come from ignorant parents rejecting thier gay children than children or parents just being gay.

so by your logic having a lesbian mother should have made my friend and all her siblings gay, endure endless torment in school and be all fucked up. except none of that happened. you're grasping at straws trying to support your ignorant and bigoted view. you're ok with homosexuals as long as they're off in some dark corner, not actually living and getting along like normal human beings.

kinda reminds me of, "well them n*gg*rs are ok so long as they don't marry a white girl or raise white children! that's just not normal!"

I can choose for my self if I accept fags or not. It should not be considered a wrong thing to think gays are not normal and then label these people as homophobes. Talking crap about people that don't agree with gay people and praising gays at the same time is wrong.

I personally am not a homophobe. As I already mentioned, my Aunt is a lesbian and I love her dearly. At the same time, I have to admit that I am repulsed by the thought of having a penis inserted into my behind or even kissing another guy (and that has nothing to do with me being a Christian...I felt the same way before I became one).
i of course agree to everything you say, i just want to add that the will to have a penis inserted into one's anus isn't a necessary qualification for a homosexual. ;)
a lot if not most homo- or bisexuals don't want that either. ;)

I can choose for my self if I accept fags or not. It should not be considered a wrong thing to think gays are not normal and then label these people as homophobes.

think whatever bullshit you want, but when you try and legislate your beliefs onto other people's lives that crosses the line, and goes against what this country was founded on. but the fact is that your unreasonable fear of homosexuals makes you a homophobe.

think whatever bullshit you want, but when you try and legislate your beliefs onto other people's lives that crosses the line, and goes against what this country was founded on. but the fact is that your unreasonable fear of homosexuals makes you a homophobe.

your finnish as well as cpt-j?

Some people need to accept that not everyone is going to agree with them about gays, he's entitled to his oppinion as much as you are. And if what he's doing is so bad then why are you doing it your self and trying legislate your beliefs onto other people? I wouldn't say he's being unreasonable either, he said he didn't like sterotypical gay's likewise could be said from a gay person.