Your Track day toy

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
So it's only a resonably priced track day car, assuming you got other cars for daily driving. What would it be?

Mine would be either a Lotus Elise or a TVR T350

elise-3-800.jpeg

t350_1.jpg

Mitsu Evo MR or if I could find one an 88 944 Turbo S/89 944 Turbo.

I have to go with xkwilson and take that Vauxhall, but not the basic vx220. I'll take this tuned version VXR220. Almost every part in this special version is upgraded from the original and it goes from 0 to 60 in 4,2 s. I just love it.
http://vauxhall.co.uk/vxr/index.jhtml
149_1.jpg

Nice but it's looks just doesn't strike me as sexy nor as agressive as the Elise

Renesis said:
Nice but it's looks just doesn't strike me as sexy nor as agressive as the Elise

Track days aren't about looks, it's about seconds ;)

I'd go for something fun..

68592.jpg

725kg and ~130hp.... and nothing remotely close to great handling :shock:

I'd be doing 1 lap everytime everybody else does 2, but I'd be grinning all the way :lol:

68591.jpg

Renesis said:

Heh...and I think it's much more better looking than that Lotus, but then again i'm looking things through Opel glasses :) .

But i think that i'm going to sell this VXR220 and buy that opel from zeffez :D , looking damn good.

I'm leaning towards the Lotus Exige excatly like the one on top gear, black with black alloys or the vxr220, because like JMM I like vauxhalls, and it's pretty much the sme car anyway ;).

im pretty happy with my current on-track transportation:
20040605_4055_small.sized.jpg

hopefully ill get one of these in a year or two:
Jan23_22.jpg

i guess my dream track ride is this:
ra-fri3-022.jpg

or if im really lucky this:
001__scaled_600.jpg

I guess (aside from the STI obviously) I'll take one of these:
http://img28.imageshack.**/img28/5904/sr3sky2.jpg

RussTypeS said:
i guess my dream track ride is this:
ra-fri3-022.jpg

how could I have forgotten this! RENESIS powered lovely little racecar! ofcourse it could be my pick if I was into serious track racing :D

post-12-1087571474.jpg

M5Rangerover said:
Caterham 7 :twisted:

I'm with you. Superlight R500 too, although I'd get the kit, and a write-off RX8, and put the renesis in. much as I love the K-series engine, and the a-series before that (had a little 150hp twin turno beige metro city i used to take to track days) i love driving rotaries. Failing that, i'd like to resurect my dads old ford Mexico rally car
2003-05-04_mexico.JPG

not his, but one like it

OR, get me a 6R4 (pictures too big for this forum)