The very off-roader.

fiat-panda-cross_100197577_m.jpg

The sea voyager:

IMAG013A.JPG

The trailer queen:

Panda_classic.JPG

Last edited:
^YOU need some fucking help.

Something horrible and European with a hatchback that gets a million mpg's, like the Polo Bluemotion:

And then some random crazy old stuff that will break a lot:

Being a BMW guy, I'll start with "the driving machines".

1. BMW 501, the baroque angel. 2.1 straight six, 72hp. Preferably without a roof, but saloon also works.

2007-07-22_BMW_502_-_Baur-Cabriolet_in_Montabaur_%2801a_klein_r%29.jpg

2. BMW 315, 1.6 litres worth of inline-4 power, 75hp. And I'm such a big e21 fan that I won't let the under 75hp limit stop me having one on this list too. :D The most fun car I've ever driven.

BMW-316_1978_1024x768.jpg

3. M-B 200D, Naturally aspirated 2.0 inline-4 diesel, 55hp. A Mercedes I actually like, both looks and driving-wise. Go figure..

IMGP7911.JPG

4. Suzuki Cappucino (of course, the one rather obvious choice)

I was going to do this list with my usual "FWD is evil" -style, but...

5. Saab 96 kombi, naturally with the 38hp 3 cylinder 2-stroke engine even though the V4 with 65/68hp would have also fit the criteria. :cool:
IMGP8446.JPG

I'll just select a few that have already been posted :)

Autozam.jpg

NPOCPCappuccinoMain.jpg

vw-karmann-ghia.jpg

5420484202_3a3befb1f9.jpg

1966_Fiat_500_Berlina_Abarth_Corsa_Tribute_Front_1.jpg

Last edited:
Fiat 850 (Sport) Coupe

The Coupe has 48hp and the Sport Coupe has a whopping 53hp.

There is absolutely nothing I want in this class.

Ditto. I mean my Mustang makes 260HP and that feels glacially slow.

I can't even think of anything sold here really that makes under 75HP.

Does exactly 75 hp still count? This one lightened, lowered and small grippy tires please - because GoKart :)

2009-VW-Polo-GT-F080509.jpg

Something comfortable:

800px-Mercedes-Benz_W115_front_20080816.jpg

Partybus (this has got the wrong Engine, I'll take the 1.9 TD 70hp then)

800px-VW_T4_rear_20070926.jpg

I still have got 2 to go, so I copy the Cappucino and keep my Golf ^^

Ditto. I mean my Mustang makes 260HP and that feels glacially slow.

I can't even think of anything sold here really that makes under 75HP.
There is more to cars than just shouting "POWERR!!!". Slow cars can be fun to drive, joy to be in and around and overall enjoyable.

There is more to cars than just shouting "POWERR!!!". Slow cars can be fun to drive, joy to be in and around and overall enjoyable.

I'm all for driving a slow car fast rather than the other way around. I'd be too tempted to near the limits of a powerful car and possibly get myself into trouble and I can't really afford track days. I can still have fun revving the shit out of a little econobox while darting through traffic, throwing a cappuccino through a roundabout or taking a 2cv down a rutted dirt road.

No a Retro Rider did. :p

No, Ford did. Yes, this one is modified, but the Cortina Woody was an option through the 1963/4 Ford Consul Cortina Estate range. Very few were built.

"March 1963 saw the Estate car added to the range, the 1200 deluxe and the 1500 super , the latter being identified by the American style mock wood paneling on the sides and tailgate. 'Woody' paneling was available only as an optional extra on the 1200 models."

I've only seen two, that I can think of.

Edit: In fact, here is one being built, at Dagenham.
i387045.jpg

I want one. :(

Last edited: